New song, would love your opinions!

this song is really great. i like that it goes in different directions at different points of time with the various experimental sounds. i am not good enough at spanish to decipher the lyrics, but the vocals are definitely strong. This song is original and does not getting boring all the way through. good job, keep it up! got anymore music online?

Thanks man I really appreciate the comments!

As of now I dont have any more music online but, Ill be uploading some more in the next few weeks.

Im glad you like the vocals Im always really self-counscious about them, and usually bury them in the mix a bit more than I probably should.

Ya added some backward tracking didn't ya?:eek::D

The electronica you added really muddies up everything...if you are going to mix it up, you need to make sure the accoustics, voice and electronic sounds compliment and not fight one another.

The singing sounds good..but I'm so distracted by all the other sounds, I couldn't enjoy any of it.

Ya added some backward tracking didn't ya?:eek::D

The electronica you added really muddies up everything...if you are going to mix it up, you need to make sure the accoustics, voice and electronic sounds compliment and not fight one another.

The singing sounds good..but I'm so distracted by all the other sounds, I couldn't enjoy any of it.

haha yeah there's some backward tracking in there. For the first acoutic verse part I ran my voice through my pedalboard with a little comp and the line 6 DL4 on the reverse setting. Its really cool because it doenst just reverse the whole thing, it kinda reverses in phrases (rhyme much?) so the backwards parts (sort of) fit in with the actual part pitchwise.

Also after the first kinda atmospheric electronic part, theres a part where I played a percussive guitar line and then panned that hard to one side. What I did with the other side is I cut up the part so I would have an event of each chord, and reversed each chord individually and pitchshifted it up an octave. It sounds kinda weird but I think it adds a great 'wtf' feeling to that part, haha.

To be honest I do hear some muddiness when all the stuff kicks in at once, but part of it is deliberate, during that part theres some stuff youre not really supposed to hear, its the sort of thing that just adds to the wall of sound, and you can kinda make out somethings there but you would have to try harder to actually make out what it is. Of course part of that is also the fact that I need to improve my mixing skills hahaha. Also theres some heavy sidechain compression going on in time with the kick and snare so it might feel like things kinda dissapear, but it is a bit of what I was going for.

Thanks for the feedback man!

And Im glad you enjoyed it steve, thats what its all about.

Sorry guys, I didnt notice that the link had gone bad, it has been updated in the first post.

Thanks for the comments!

Wow. This is my first post and I wanted to use it to say that I WANT TO BUY AN ENTIRE ALBUM OF THIS. So, get busy!

Wow. This is my first post and I wanted to use it to say that I WANT TO BUY AN ENTIRE ALBUM OF THIS. So, get busy!

Thanks so much dude! Im real happy you enjoyed it! I am working on a couple of other songs that I hope will be done in about ten days. stay tuned, and thanks again!

Back