new song to share (acoustic guitar & vocal)

danny83

hey guys and gals, been a long time. hope everyone is doing well!

as the title says, i have a new song to share with you all (recorded with the Zh4 mic placed at mouth level and angled down toward 12th fret). i just wrote it, so i'm looking to see if it's any good. if you like it, let me know! also looking for some constructive criticism, suggestions on how to improve it, and anything else you can think of!

i always appreciate the help i get from this forum so thanks in advance! :)

should be the first song on the page, its called 'your big mistake'

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=624183

I haven't seen you post here in awhile. Guitar sounds good as always, but I'd like to hear it better, maybe you could bring it up in the mix.

Vocals sound great as always, wish I could sing like that. :D

Really good song and recording.
icon14.gif

Only nitpick I can think of is to bring the guitar up because it sounds really nice (much better than recorded direct which, if I'm not mistaken, is how some of your other songs had it).

Edit: Just realized you said you recorded with one mic? Wow. I guess that rules out bringing up the guitar? No big deal. :)

Great song, the lyrics are very cool. Your voice is nice and strong in this.
At 2:18 there's a stuttering sound you might want to address.
The guitar could come up to balance a bit better with the voice.
Good song! :D:):D:)

Last edited:
At 2:18 there's a stuttering sound you might want to address.

That sounds exactly like the noise I get if I forget to turn off my cell phone. Every time my BlackBerry checks the network for new messages (every 5 minutes or so) it injects that exact same stuttering sound into anything it's sitting near...

And, nice song and a good performance. :)

I haven't seen you post here in awhile. Guitar sounds good as always, but I'd like to hear it better, maybe you could bring it up in the mix.

Vocals sound great as always, wish I could sing like that. :D

Really good song and recording.
icon14.gif

Only nitpick I can think of is to bring the guitar up because it sounds really nice (much better than recorded direct which, if I'm not mistaken, is how some of your other songs had it).

Edit: Just realized you said you recorded with one mic? Wow. I guess that rules out bringing up the guitar? No big deal. :)

hey danny! long time no talk. thanks alot for listening, i really appreciate your thoughtful feedback. when i re-record this song with multiple tracks i'll make sure to send it to you for some mixing advice. thanks for the compliments :).

That sounds exactly like the noise I get if I forget to turn off my cell phone. Every time my BlackBerry checks the network for new messages (every 5 minutes or so) it injects that exact same stuttering sound into anything it's sitting near...

And, nice song and a good performance. :)

oh so THAT's what the sound is! i've heard it on many of my recordings and had no idea that it was my blackberry. i thought it was just something wrong with my zh4. needless to say, i'll make sure i turn it off next time :p.

I'm digging this song bro. Alot. The guitar work makes me think of Andy McKee. Are you in standard tuning?

I'm interested in hearing the multitrack recording of this one.

Back