New Song: These Are My Words

Idk, this sounds pretty good to me...maybe one of the better songwritery efforts I've heard in here recently. Has a really laid-back early 70s vibe to it that I kinda dig. Reminds me a little of Bread or America....something of that nature. Good harmonies, smooth arrangement, great job...

Overall real nice job, sounds a bit like a McCartney tune in spots.

For this type of tune I would raise the lead vocals, as is, they blend nice but alot of tunes of this type will have the vox MUCH louder, so I'd bring em up at least a touch. They are also kind of murky/indistinct in the very beginning.

Other wise I thought it was quite a nice peice.

My first thought was America too! I think it's the acoustic sound...very shimmery.

Great song, the vocals remind me of Elliott Smith, not the tone, but the doubling and verb.

I really like this...not much to say.

The crash is a little loud in spots - that's about all. Excellent vocal arrangements. Great job overall.

This was smooth, creamy, 70ish Brit Pop to me. I heard shades of retro-10cc to be precise and then the lack of key center kind of took me to The Thorns "I Can't Remember". I really liked this a lot. Definitely my speed.

Great songwriting and fantastic arrangement! Is there an auto-tune squiggle at 1:32? If so, maybe just manually draw that portion. Otherwise, very catchy tune, well-recorded and cleanly mixed.

Thanks very much for all the feedback, guys. Much appreciated.

Great songwriting and fantastic arrangement! Is there an auto-tune squiggle at 1:32? If so, maybe just manually draw that portion. Otherwise, very catchy tune, well-recorded and cleanly mixed.

No auto tune! I was trying to soften my voice at the end of the line, and my voice kinda cracked, there. Thanks for the feedback!

Back