New Song: Rise

arcadeko

Illuminatius Overlordious
And now for something completely different.

EDIT:
Sorry I must have been drunk when I uploaded that first mix

Here is one a little better with the bass and vocals adjusted and the original lead vox back in.

Last edited:
Your guitar sound is way better. Nice job there. I like the bass tone too, but it's way, way, insanely too loud in the mix. Drums sound good. The timing is really bad though. Really rough in many spots. Timing aside, you're making great progress over your earlier stuff.

Your guitar sound is way better. Nice job there. I like the bass tone too, but it's way, way, insanely too loud in the mix. Drums sound good. The timing is really bad though. Really rough in many spots. Timing aside, you're making great progress over your earlier stuff.

I lowered the bass substantially and the vocals and added the original vocals back in.

I fear it's mostly that new bassist of yours.... a lot could be gained by re-tracking his part.

Yeah I think were gonna have to retrack that bass part...

In all fairness this was probably only the third time hes played the song.

Thanks for listening to that clusterf** - I think this new mix works better, even though the timing issues are still there it's more listenable.

The bass and guitars are fighting for space it sounds like. I don't know if it's EQ, tone, volume, or some combo of all of the above.

Timing is the biggest issue here. The drums and bass are just not clicking and it's throwing everything else off.

You're like the Ryan Adams of Home Recording...a new song every 3 days!

Good work man, keep it up. I am digging the drums...not perfect recording, but the roominess or OH or whatever sounds really cool to me.

I think the timing is actually better on this one vs. Dirt, but still problematic.

The bass is also not as overpowering on this which is nice.

I prefer Dirt as a song, but this has potential too...damn, you are prolific! I can't even churn out one a month!

The bass and guitars are fighting for space it sounds like. I don't know if it's EQ, tone, volume, or some combo of all of the above.
Timing is the biggest issue here. The drums and bass are just not clicking and it's throwing everything else off.
You're like the Ryan Adams of Home Recording...a new song every 3 days!
Good work man, keep it up. I am digging the drums...not perfect recording, but the roominess or OH or whatever sounds really cool to me.

Thanks man - I totally hear the space issue, I think that's mostly EQ and volume, which I will fix - but I think I need to retrack the bass part. I've finally got a lot of my stuff set to just where I want it so I can usually get a decent sound with my drum and guitar setting. I had to google Ryan Adams - at least I'm not the Bryan Adams of homerecording! :D

Ditto with the timing, but no need to beat the same drum... see what I did there?
Anyway, what are you using for you guitar sound?
Thanks for listening.
Guitar is an ibanez SG with EMG pickups into a BLackstar HT-Club 40 mic'd with an SM57 at about a 45 degree angle pointed about 2" off center of the speaker.

I think the timing is actually better on this one vs. Dirt, but still problematic.
The bass is also not as overpowering on this which is nice.
I prefer Dirt as a song, but this has potential too...damn, you are prolific! I can't even churn out one a month!

Thanks Heat, I think this song will sound better once I get the basics and the timing in order. I like dirt better too but this is a fun song to play.

I just wrote another one that's really killer, made some scratch tracks today but I am leaving for San Fran for 3 weeks Thursday so wont be able to do any more till I get back :( This new song is awesome, it's much more like my other punk stuff... it's called "straight jacket" -

Might try and re-track this bass line tomorrow but I gotta pack and tidy up some loose ends before I leave town for 3 weeks :o

I don't even record 25% of the songs I write, don't have the time. I need to become independently wealthy so I can just record music all day.

Back