New Song - one more time

Hey guys, I recently laid this down. This mix job isnt too great but it was recorded and mixed in an hour... what do you expect. Let me know what you think of the song itself.

btw this should be a fast stream...

You asked for feedback on the "song". ok. The recording is pleasant. The song....Good song structure man...solid...the chords and voicings on guitar are not boring...that's good. I like the stops...I'd harmonize those spots. I don't have anything bad to say about the "song". That's also a good thing man! Recording wise...I would wet the vocals...maybe do a double in spots. I'd bring up the bass and let the lines be a bit more lyrical. I thought the acoustic guitar sounded gr8. Satisfactory playing as well. All in all a very pleasant song and recording. "Keep it simple stupid". Good job.
peace

Well, you have an excellent piece of a commercial song, If you were trying to make a song to sell records, well you got it, would sound better with background vocals, and yes, try more to bring the line bass.

one more time, you have a good cheezy song, forgive the adjetive, but you can sell many records with that.

go for it.

Wow, thanks. Im just an 18 year old kid with some musical talent I thought I'd turn into something fun. Thanks for the honest, yet useful posts. I'll take your recording suggestions into consideration for sure. Thanks guys.

I am not trying to be mean but your playing needs some polishing up. The song was kind of boring, and what kind of guitar are you using. Is it a jackson, or a dean. What kind of amp are you using. Is it like a small crate studio amp or what. Not trying to be mean, but up up up, down down down put in lead. Its predictable.

fair enough... this is an acoustic yamaha fg-180 from 1964(I believe) You cant really tell the sound quality of guitar because I used a 57 and a cheaper condenser to record it. Nothing special. As you can tell, minimal effort was put into the recording, considering I never even recorded a bass guitar. But fair enough, I should throw some lead in there. As for polishing, yeah you got it big time. I play enough acoustic just to get by. I've only been playin for a little over a year, self taught, so I could really use some polishing.
As for crate... crate = garbage haha. so the answer would be no.

The song is ok
The drum's sound's verry Atack-y espacialy the snare drum
i would cut a bit of lowmid (200-300 hz) and put it a bit down

Remco

Well, apart from the music, I'm agree that the song was bad-recorded, could be much better, but musically, even when I listen to other kind of music, that song could sell a lot of copies, why?, because, the common people dont give a shi* into scales, tempos, compasses, they just get shot with a cheezy song with a cheezy melody, well this song 'one more time, I'm sure my he-friends would hate it, but my she-friends all her friends, they are gonna love this.
Well, as he said, he didn't push too much effort to this.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys; I really appreciate an honest answer. I'm really not the greatest at guitar, and like I said i just play to get by. The recording took about 40 minutes including mixing, so it sounds pretty haggard. I'll redo this song sometime soon, and then post it again on here. Thanks guys.

apart from the drums sounding a little too loud for the song, i think it sounds pretty cool. but maybe, not being an expert, im prob answering more as if this thread was in the songwriting forum
there's definitely a good melody there and some nice acoustic playing with a good mix of strumming and legato/arpeggios. i think the mood, with the reverb, etc you got, sounds just about right. there are some parts where the vocal seems to 'detach' itself from the music, by a few timing issues when singing over the faster, picked guitar parts.
in terms of a song, and understanding you didnt spend much time on it: once your drums kick in, and builds the song up a bit, the song dont go anywhere. there are no more changes, no more variety, the song just carries on and finishes. all you need now is some backing vocals, another acoustic guitar/piano/bass or whatever, just to build the song up more in the second half.
i think its definitely worth investing some proper time into this. it sounds ok so far, and more than enough to build on. the sound of the individual parts sounds ok, but the way they fit together in terms of volumes, etc just needs some work.

Once again, I really appreciate the suggestions. I've been working a little more lately on taking my song writing ideas, and making them happen. That seems to be the hardest thing, but im sure it gets easier as you become a more accomplished musician, or have something to write about. Thanks for tips on the mix, I didnt really notice how much backup vocals add to the mix, I'll rerecord this one soon.

Back