new song, new ears

Around

Hello!

Here is a new song I have been working on. It is an electronical (pop-ish) song with vocals and a bass and rhythm guitar going through the song. A less "tranquil" song I posted some weeks ago. I would appreciate any opinions regarding the mix.
Thanks!

Kick drum on this not that good, I get the dominance, but that doesn't work. Not sure about the vocals, they seem out of place or doesn't fit the song or the song lacks a focus.

Seemed rather bright and lacking some bottom. I would think for a typical Euro style pop tune, over produced seems to be the goal. You may want to push it towards a style of music or pull out all the stops and over produce it.

My two cents. Not sure it even makes sense.

Kick drum on this not that good, I get the dominance, but that doesn't work. Not sure about the vocals, they seem out of place or doesn't fit the song or the song lacks a focus.

Seemed rather bright and lacking some bottom. I would think for a typical Euro style pop tune, over produced seems to be the goal. You may want to push it towards a style of music or pull out all the stops and over produce it.

My two cents. Not sure it even makes sense.

I agree regarding the kick, I will try to change that. The vocals are really tricky. I understand that the track is a bit overproduced, which is due my blindness and the process of learning to mix. What do you mean by "You may want to push it towards a style of music or pull out all the stops and over produce it." Thanks for the feedback

I agree regarding the kick, I will try to change that. The vocals are really tricky. I understand that the track is a bit overproduced, which is due my blindness and the process of learning to mix. What do you mean by "You may want to push it towards a style of music or pull out all the stops and over produce it." Thanks for the feedback

Me personally I would go for an over production. Since you stated it was a pop tune and it does seem to favor that. Not too many people would say that, but in this case, I think it may work for the song.

I agree with DM RE: the bass drum. I think it's the guitars that sound out of place to me the most. The feel of the song and the 'style' it's edging towards would probably benefit from a full on pop/dance track backing. I think your vocals would sit better with a piano, synths, pumping bass and bassline etc. That's just my opinion though.

I like the tune a lot and I think with the right work/sounds you could have something much bigger and better. :thumbs up:

Me personally I would go for an over production.

^^^THIS^^^

I'm having a little trouble hearing the vocal and guitar over the other tracks. Seems to be well sung however (from what I can hear). But the rhythm and other ambient tracks are covering it up.

Thanks for the feedback guys! You are right about the bass and the guitar. Think I will change them and put in some eletronical instruments instead and treat it as you say, a "pop" song. I'll post a new version later on.

Hello again! So, I have made a new mix as I said I would a couple of weeks ago. I have changed it quite a bit though. The beat and the overall feel is a bit different. I also replaced the guitars, bassguitar and the kick with new stuff instead, this time it's 100% electronic. Feedback would be great!

Back