New Song, New advice needed...ASAP (again)

you only want comments on the mix, so I'll just say the mix sounds real good over here. I have halfway decent speakers and to my ears it sounds right.

nice song

Nice song, except I couldn't understand the lyrics. :)

It may be a preference thing, but I felt that the piano occupied too much of the middle space and pushed the vocals too far to the right. At about 2 minutes in the strings stepped on the vocals, but leveled off a little later.

Regards....

vocals are too far back....and low in volume. I know you said to comment on the mix only...but the pno got a little repetitious, and then hit some really low pitched (too low) chord voicings for "good" pno arranging at 1:20....then went back into its repetious playing again at 1:52. Strings are loud at 2:00...only because the vocals are too low....if the vocals were up, they'd be ok then. I'd *artificially* split the piano wider to let room for your vocals....same with the string arrangements...you gotta open up some space. The whole string section is sitting on top of itself. The nylon gtr cuts thru ok, but comes more front and center than the vocals...do you want that? Fade out too fast.

these are my negative thoughts....
on the positive...great playing, nice EQ balance, and a good song.

The vocals are lost in the mix due to everything taking up the same space.The vocals need to come up a little bit also.The string effect is sitting too close to the same frequency range as the vocals.Maybe a slight pan of the strings would open up some space for the vocals?

The Lead guitar at the end is lost in the mix the same way that the vocals are.All the makings of a good song are there,but they are just completely lost in a bad mix.Maybe pan the guitar a little bit opposite the side of the strings?

I swear I can hear something out of tune when the piano,strings and guitar are playing the outro.

Did you mix this right after tracking it or after listening to a lot of music?It sounds like the sort of mix that happens when the ears are fried from hearing too much music in one day.

Good song,just needs re-mixing.

Thanks once again!!!

Yeah...I had a hard time mixing this one...it was the first song I recorded and mixed...

I want to remix it so I'll be probably posting the new one...

Thanks a lot guys!

Peace...

PC

Back