New song Momentum

constantthought

This is a newish original song I've revamped today with new sections, leads and also remastered it to keep things interesting. It would be great to get some opinions on it and how well it all sits in the mix.

artworks-000056527456-wrji4x-t120x120.jpg

Let me know what you think
Thanks!

Last edited:
I was expecting a song, this seems to be a tune as in instrumental unless I am missing something. It dies get a touch boring quite quickly as there is not much which changes tonally as one listens. Maybe add some interest here and there.

Regards

Tim

Ditch the EQ ramp on the intro - it just sounds wrong.
There are changes etc in the track but it doesn't sound like it's structured well.
The Rick Wakemanesque bits at 2.49 certainly added some cheese or irony depending on your take on it.
The mix seesm ok for the genre - BIG percussion, layers of almost indescernible stuff and a lead line here and there.

Sounds ok I guess. But where is it directed? It like halfway between dance music and wtf-I cant dance to this. Dream Theater and Trance? I'm lost...

Thanks for the comments, some quite amusing! It's not to be taken seriously and no it isn't of a particular genre, it's just some music which I enjoyed writing and having a bit of fun with, chessy-ness all inclusive. I suppose it's kind of a hybrid between old school game music-electronic and ??? but just because it doesn't have a category doesn't mean it's worthless surely?
Thanks for the comments though even if the majority of you guys don't know wtf I'm on! haha xD

Thanks for the comments, some quite amusing! It's not to be taken seriously and no it isn't of a particular genre, it's just some music which I enjoyed writing and having a bit of fun with, chessy-ness all inclusive. I suppose it's kind of a hybrid between old school game music-electronic and ??? but just because it doesn't have a category doesn't mean it's worthless surely?
Thanks for the comments though even if the majority of you guys don't know wtf I'm on! haha xD

It totally make sense now that you mentioned 'wtf I'm on!' :)

I was not trying to be disrespectful man. Your baby is sounding pretty good.

haha yea i know, no worries dude, I should have probably made it clearer in my op that it was something supposed to be taken with a pinch of salt :P This is essentially just the kind of thing I create when I have a burn out from progressive metal so I just load up some VST's and see what happens. And in this case 90's game music tends to be the influence when I hit the keyboard!

Back