New song! Kinda prog rock

i listened to the hifi version.

drums are very mechanical, no dynamics or flair--good programming would help here, or, as i prefer, a real drummer.

the acoustic guitar does indeed sound great, and the mix is excellent.

i'd like to see the steel guitar cleaned up and beefed up. it's not bad, but there's a dirty thinness that could be improved upon. i guess the overdrive has more of a solid state sound rather than the warm tube saturation it's begging for.

love the song--fairly simplistic for prog, but very enjoyable. more submissions!

the intro guitar sounds like complete crap, its lacking low end midrange big time

pretty solid mix, i happen to like the drums but if only that snare was to have very slight variations in pitch and velocity to give it a more natural 'feel', only thing missing I would say would be a closed hi hat, song can stand on its own with out, but i think adding a chh in there would liven it quite a bit

good job

Cool tune, and some nice playing. Some better drum sounds would really liven the song up, but they aren't bad...just sort of sterile sounding, while the music is pretty animated. Again, some nice playing there...I really like it.

Thanks for comments. Yeah I'm no drummer. I just stick with the basic boom-smack. Hopefully a real drummer could track along side of it.

I just uploaded an updated version. I tweaked the lap steel a bit, changed the bridge a little, and boosted around 380hz. I'm not sure if it helped to thicken the lap steel. It was not obvious playing it in Sonar and it seems less so in the mp3.

But there was no eq on the original version. It's a cheap Guya lap steel into a Boss Super Overdrive then into a Soundcraft 200 and finally to an Aark24 sc. I can get around on the lap steel but it's not my strong point. 25 years ago it was just a guitar song that needed some lead guitar. I cannot be objective right now - I was thrilled to get a decent tone and hit a few right notes. And I LIKE my crappy intro. Does it really suck? Tell the truth! Maybe in a week or so it'll wear off but I dig that cheap sound.

The wide panned nylon str gtrs sound great. They're overpowering the lap steel in the middle a bit though. Drums sound artificial. Just a tambourine on the backbeat would sound good IMO in this arrangement.

The wide panned nylon str gtrs sound great. They're overpowering the lap steel in the middle a bit though. Drums sound artificial. Just a tambourine on the backbeat would sound good IMO in this arrangement.

Thanks Tim. The lap steel is a recent add-on to this old guitar idea and I realize now that the lap steel does not always follow the chord progression. At least I THINK that's why it sounds a little too busy in places. I'm gonna have to re-think it.

As for my drum tracks, I tend to think of them as placeholders as I flesh out the arrangements. Soon I'll have enough material to go track real drums.

The intro isn't bad, IMO just kinda sounds a little too much like I turned on a midi keyboard, but that doesn't last long before you jump into your jumpy upbeat fun kinda sound.
The nylon string is nice too and the cowbell lead ins.
Has a random busy feel to it, which is nice.
Nothing really to add to what they said about the drums and so on...
Cool, enjoyed it :cool:

Back