New Song - "Just Go Ahead and Wail It"

lynx

This was sort of a challenge from my wife who said I could never do a dance tune....well maybe she's right but I decided to give it a go anyways for spite ;)

The "song" ended up in 4 sections, in section two I used a church organ - that's kind of cool I think. According to others the last section apparently sounds like Michael Jackson........yay....

The mix is all over the map so fire away so comments are appreciated.

I thought this was cool, more complex than the standard formulaic dance format. All it lacked was the part which all dance songs seem to use; the transition from a soft to loud passage with a snare roll whose tempo gradually increases to infinity! (A good thing!) The variety kept it interesting.

Jags

Sounds a lot like a good fruity Loops production in the music. The vocals were pretty cool but not big enough. hard to say about the mix in the end cause I hear so many dance mixes that are crowded with effects and sounds. Idid feel like some of the percussions instruments were wrestling with the groove near the end section, maybe turn some down or take some out. Dance thing, sure, but with a twist to it.

Thanks for the comments guys, for some reason I put a lot of effort into this thing.

Judging from the number of responses I got I guess I'll pick up the acoustic and stay away from this techo stuff. :)

Back