New song I'm working on. "Hold On"

Hi Brenton. Probably not the kind of music I listen to, but it all sounded well executed. Some warm synthy sounds. Mix seem well balanced nothing really stuck out as out of place, although I didn't notice much kick when the drums came in. Did you use some pitch tuning on the vocals? Not really a fan of that, but that's just personal taste. Wasn't keen on the solo violin sound, but again that's a personal taste, I've tried using that sound myself and it just not a sound I like. A lot of different textures there. Good.

Nice overall composition. I think the drums could stick out more. Bit too much compression of the drums. They need to breath a bit more. The fills are crushed a little bit (too busy). At 1:26 you have struck gold...for me anyway! I LOVE the vocal --> guitar note segue. Magic.

After listening to the whole song, I would say reduce the compression just a bit so that every sub bass hit does not need so much soundscape. If you could upload your next mix at least at 192k MP3 bitrate that would be good too. Like to hear the dynamics and the highs without so many artifacts.

Back