New Song - Give Me A Reason (Rock Ballad)

Vocals seem too loud I think.

Crunch rhythms seem too strong on the right. Need more balance, with more of it on the left to even it out some. Seems a little harsh too, a slight tame of maybe 1db around 2 or 3k would probably make it much smoother sounding, especially if you even out the panning. The intro clean guitar being only on the left is fine, that kind of stuff happens a lot. But once it starts up the focus shifts to the right because of that crunch guitar.

Was it more than one track of crunch rhythms? Sounds like it was, turn up the one on the left.

Wha....

Yeah, those vocals are super loud. And you're compressing it enough that all the lip-smacks are are really audible.

As JA said, the panning isn't balanced.

Also, 2011? You waited 6 years to share this?

The crunch guitars sound pretty good. Maybe a bit too much gain dialed in at least the one on the right side. But not bad. Could use a bass to back it up. And I agree about the balance problem.

The vocal needs some work. The performance is a bit nasly. It gets a little harsh sounding in spots. It distorts in spots in an unappealing way. It's much dryer than the guitars and sounds like it's in a different space from them.

The kick is lacking definition. It's thuddy and indistinct. The snare is a bit soft.

0:46 - "suck her ass"?

Rock ballad huh. Alright. I don't know if this is a serious inquiry or not. Not a very good mix. Balance way off and vocal not very good. :thumbs up:

Back