New Song (general idea) Your Comments Welcome...

Ack man, has your wife heard this? ;)

I like the song a lot though, especially the structure and songwriting, I felt like it went somewhere rather than just repeating itself over and over. Good musicianship as well. A bass track would really complete this song.

why thank you, i'm gonna electrify it as soon as I get my drum kit together, i think the whole 6/8 think has the potential to be rocked really hard.

thanks very much,
Rafe

sprayfe said:
why thank you, i'm gonna electrify it as soon as I get my drum kit together, i think the whole 6/8 think has the potential to be rocked really hard.

thanks very much,
Rafe

hmm maybe cos i heard the acoustic one first and kinda liked it, not sure rocking it really hard would work. its a nice tune so would kinda just suit being a quietish song like that.

Yeah maybe don't over do the full band too much, but I could see a staggered dynamic build being really intense, sort of rock ballad style. Maybe hold off on the bass until "And in my dreams", and then hold off on the drums until "Then I woke up". You know, now that I listened to it again, I could really see this song being commercial. It's themed, catchy, and captivating. Don't know what you'll do with that, but just thought I'd mention :). I'd like to hear the full version.

Thanks again for your comments, taking them all in mind,
will report back with more results,
Thanks for any more comments,
Rafe

chrisharris said:
Nice job. You sing well. Most people don't, lol.
Thanks Chris,
Coming from you and what I've heard from your site that really makes me feel great. Your daughter can WAIL!( not belittling you ;) ) I make my wife listen to her every once in a while and it absolutely drives her crazy (my wife was a musical theater major). THanks again<
Rafe

Back