New song from my pop/rock band, critique please

Piano in the intro is pretty hollow.

The lack in dynamics leaves much more to be desired at 0:45 after the "build-up". I was ready for it to hit hard and become fuller at that point.
I'm not sure why the mix is so compressed when it doesn't even seem that loud overall?

Sounds like a tight performance and reasonably polished sound...I don't know if it was the sight of the sausage shaped waveform or the prior comments, but it did seem to be pretty squashed and in need of more dynamics maybe? I dunno - zero experience mixing this kind of music here, so...

I didn't care for the tone of the distorted electric guitar off to one side there...kind of fizzy seeming at first, but it blended in better as the song went along. Anyway, like I said, sounds pretty polished to me.

The piano sounds quite thin to my ear, and the guitar needs to come a little more to the left. My right ear was quite full while the left was wondering where everything else was.

That being said, the mix translates quite well to these computer speakers. This grabbed my attention enough that I'm going to go into the studio and fire up the computer in there and give it another listen through the main monitors.

Nice job.

Much better on the studio monitors. My left ear was still left wanting a bit though. The piano sounds much better in here than on my utility computer speakers.

Last edited:
Back