New song for review DOWN BY THE RIVER

mjhamil

Finally a presentable version for review, a lot of distractions for the last while. Recorded all by Mike (me): vocals using Rode NT2A mic direct to Edirol UA101 interface, New Bass is a Fender Active Jazz Deluxe V through Ampeg SVT4PRO, Guitars are Strat through new Marshall JVM210H, drums are sequenced for now until Jason Jones at Advance Budget Studios has finished his new studio. I would appreciate comments.
MP3 Player SoundClick

I like it - song and mix! Of course I had a small part to play ;-) Jason's new studio will be awesome - can't wait. Get in line guys cause it's going to be a busy studio. Lovin the sound of that new Marshall!

I like it - song and mix! Of course I had a small part to play ;-) Jason's new studio will be awesome - can't wait. Get in line guys cause it's going to be a busy studio. Lovin the sound of that new Marshall!

Yes! Gerry helped so much/ offered ideas and support/ put up with my whining, etc. all through developement

Sounds like you did a nice job recording everything. Very clear, low noise. Only one thing about the mix sounds a little weird to me and that's the snare. The whole kit sounds pretty up front and dry, but it sounds like the snare has it's own reverb with a really long pre-delay that makes it sound like it's 20 feet behind the rest of the kit. Was that intentional? Otherwise mix sounds pretty good

Thanks Guitar Zero and Hugo, your comments are appreciated. The drum track is sequenced through a synthesizer temporarily until our usual drummer is ready to help. The synth drums came with this preset tone sample of a snare and unfortunately I have trouble loading different voice sets into the synth (Sonar TTS1)

It'll sound 100% better with PI's drums.
Good song, the bass sounds very similar to your rick so it must be the amp - as always I suggest a little boot to give it some edefinition.
Good work Mike!

Thanks Ray, it may be a while before PI's studio is ready so I'll try to talk Gerry into adding a better Lead track when I rework.

It'll sound 100% better with PI's drums.
Good song, the bass sounds very similar to your rick so it must be the amp - as always I suggest a little boot to give it some edefinition.
Good work Mike!

Did a bit of remixing, added a mid bump to Bass, changed lead guitar to Les Paul; what do you think?

Back