New song feedback

Pahtcub

Got such great and helpful feedback from my last post I figured I'd throw another one out there. I don't hear many problems in this one other than my poor vocal performance...but as far as the actual recording, what are you hearing? What would you do?

Wanted to keep it simple, double accoustic guitar recorded at 12th fret paned 50% L and R and single vocal lightly compressed with a tad bit of reverb.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7060606

Got such great and helpful feedback from my last post I figured I'd throw another one out there. I don't hear many problems in this one other than my poor vocal performance...but as far as the actual recording, what are you hearing? What would you do?

Wanted to keep it simple, double accoustic guitar recorded at 12th fret paned 50% L and R and single vocal lightly compressed with a tad bit of reverb.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7060606

Nice tune. The only thing I can suggest is that the 2 guitar parts should either:

A) Be played a lot tighter with each other.

or

B) Be 2 different parts.

As it is now, it's sort of in between. It's hard to tell if it's supposed to be the same part doubled, or 2 different parts that are too similar.

Good voice and tune, though.

And you're a tough looking dude...something about bald guys. :D

Damn, I thought I was being artistic...guess it is kinda anoying...

Well, you ARE being artistic, and it's NOT annoying. All that was was my opinion, which might be totally un-artistic...and I can be annoying.:)

Vocals are good, don't sell yourself short. We all hate hearing ourselves sing. :)

Listened to the second track mainly. I'm not enjoying the long decay on the reverb. It's adding some mud. Hmm, or maybe the room is....

It's got to be difficult to capture a nice tone from both guitar and singer when using only one mic. I think you've got a good compromise here. Probably some room for improvement, but that means buying expensive mics or something. We've got to make do with what we've got and I think you've done that. Maybe a little more experimenting with mic placement. But I tell ya, I don't venture into that one-mic territory myself, so i think you're doing good.

Peace,

(I used to live near Alexandria myself)

Back