New Song -- feedback appreciated

mattdee1

Hi all

I borrowed a friend's ukelele recently. Never played this instrument until now, and today when I was learning some chords on it, this song popped out. I wrote the words, set up the mics, and recorded it. I'm happy with the song but would like to hear feedback on the mix. Thanks in advance to all who check it out.

PS - the uke is basically a toy, probably cost about $20 new. Don't expect wonders there, but at least I fleshed the song out with guitars and bass. :D

The song is called "Too Old to Run".

www.soundclick.com/mattdee

Merry Christmas!
MattD

Nice job on the instrumental recording. It's a toe tapper, and sounds really good. I like the Ukelele. The only nit I have is the vocal. It's too dry. Needs some effects like some delay and reverb. I think it would sit better.

Nice job on the instrumental recording. It's a toe tapper, and sounds really good. I like the Ukelele. The only nit I have is the vocal. It's too dry. Needs some effects like some delay and reverb. I think it would sit better.

Thanks GZ, this is the type of feedback I was looking for. I think I'll try that.

Cheers
Matt

I liked the vocal...if you are putting (more) effects on it dont over do it as it sounds pretty good as is...rest of the mix is great too imo

nice tune and performance :)

I'm listening on totally crappy laptop speakers but that snare sounds awesome. I can hear a dirty slide guitar in there. (in my mind I mean)

I liked the vocal...if you are putting (more) effects on it dont over do it as it sounds pretty good as is...rest of the mix is great too imo

nice tune and performance :)

Thanks kcearl!

I'm listening on totally crappy laptop speakers but that snare sounds awesome. I can hear a dirty slide guitar in there. (in my mind I mean)

I'd love to take credit for engineering that drum sound, but I used drum loops for this song. :o

Slide guitar, eh? Hmmm... my slide technique kind of stinks, but if you're interested in laying down a track, I'd love to hear it! :)

Thanks guys
MattD

Hi Matt,

Nice song, and good mix overall. Drums seems a bit loud to me, but it could just be my Bose headphones. Your voice is interesting, and I like the vocal sound. They don't really sound too dry to my ears, but I guess everyone hears something different. Uke could also be a bit louder, but not much.

Nice work bro. Thanks for sharing it.

Chris

Back