New site for Computer-based musicians and recording

CrimsonWarlock

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I've just launched a new website aimed at computer-based recording, virtual instruments and plug-in effects, etc.

I hope some of you will like it ;)

The site is here:
www.virtualsoundstudio.com

Peter.

Hey! Great site! I like it a lot. I've been recording with computers for about 2 years now and I've got some good advice from people that might be helpful to you... But then again... You may know more than I do so maybe I should just keep my trap shut *LOL*!

Let me know if I can be of any kind of service service:)

Anyway... Thanks for making this site!

I also dabble in Flash animation if you'd like some of that.

If not, that's cool. Just don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks for the compliments :D

Feel free to register on our forum, it's a bit quiet but that;s because we've launched only 24 hours ago ;)

I'm looking forward to see it grow.

Peter.

cool site

Thats a wonderful site , i am a new user in the PC recording thing ... i am really just now starting and getting a bit of equipment , your site is mos def resourceful in many ways that i need . i will be sure to enroll in the forum

n' harmony
Tone

Nice site CW! Finally a real bbs for electronic musicians!

Might I suggest another forum category that is sorely missing on the web - a Live Performance forum. This whole subject and its surrounding technology are so frustratingly under developed for the computer based musician. It's really difficult to do much more than "fake it" during live performances. It would be fantastic to have a venue where we could share and explore new ideas on this subject!

Another type of informational folder(s) you might want to consider is one relating to hardware - like sound cards, amplifiers, monitors, etc. The main thrust of your site might be software, but ultimately nothing happens without the hardware interfaces. And if you need any writers for tutorials or foundational information pages I'd like to offer my expertise in the way of studio monitors, sound reinforcement speakers, and acoustics. I've tried contacting the Dragon several times about fleshing out his Monitors info page on this site, but he has never responded either way. I guess he's preoccupied with other things.

Great job and congratulations!

Thomas

http://barefootsound.com

barefoot, thanks for the compliments.

I like the idea on the Live-stuff forum. I'll wait another week (to get some more members, we are only live for a week now) and then I'll launch a poll for it.

About the information base: Soundcards are already covered under the "Interfaces" area, just didn't get to adding any information there, but almost all suppliers are already listed in the main developer index.
There is also already an index available to add articles and stuff on acoustics and such, it's under the Technique folder. If you want to contribute articles for that section I would be very gratefull.

I didn't see you as registered on the forum there yet btw, it would be handy to discus certain things there through the Personal Message system ;) Besides, it would be great to have someone like you aboard as we could use the expertise there ;)

Talk to you later.
Peter.

Back