New She Mails Tune.

Sounds good. Reminds me of gay song minus the gay the stuff.
Great groove.

Great playing and sound, Christiaan. Christiaan is a sexy man... ;) .... it's gonna be fun.

LOL.... Yeah... Thanks for listening JR..

For anyone thats wondering, the inside joke here, is that I originally did the song with a vocal guide track exclaiming my love for JR#97, Christiaan and Cordura21... It was originally titled "Gay Song"..

Joe

Are you guys..........

"Crazy Horse" incognito!!!

Vox, I hope this band does well for you.
Could you give us the inside scoop on the members?
Or is there a URL that holds the pics and bio's and all that good stuff we like to read about with bands.

Whats it look like for the Live scene with this outfit?
3 piece right?
You guys gonna do some more gigs?

Hevy, We're working on a website right now...

Members... Well it's just a few of us that hang out on the voxchat, and we email the tracks back and forth.... It's actually pretty fun..

Christiaan is in the Netherlands and I'm in Ontario, and JR#97 is in Salt Lake City.

We all work pretty fast, Christiaan is amazing... I can do up a song and then post it, and in an hour, He has a bass track uploaded to the web waiting for me..

We are hoping to make an album out of it, that will be entirely posted for free download... 20+ songs hopefully.. As we do them we will keep posting them up.

We'd love some opinions on these mix's etc... I know they are basic, but theres still things that might need changing, let us know if you guys hear anything that doesn't sit right.

Thanks and Cheers,

Joe

Slammmmin! She Mails Rawwwwk!:D

Great tune fellas.... I dig the bass tone in this C....fittin, and aggressive.

...pitch on the vocs slips just a touch..... but its Rawk damnit:)

.....diggin it... ...would you guys sign my boob?

Thanks for listening! I owe your boob a signin':D

Yeah, we don't do punching in etc, so most of what you hear are bare tracks straight through...

It's actually a cool feeling to think thats me singing right through without any fancy punching in on bad notes etc..

Sometimes it suffers a bit here and there, but it does sound real, which is sort of out of the ordinary for me.. :D:D

I am always tempted to go back and fix the bad notes, and it takes everything in me to not do it!... This one is a little out here and there, I know what you mean

Joe

Cool song. I like most everything you do.

Suggestions...

The vocals are pretty dry. Maybe a delay or verb? Doubled vocals would really work well on this song I think. Harmony vocals introduced in the second verse would be another thing that might work.

The cowbell at the end was funny.

Hey, this was pretty cool. Drums sounded good. It totally had the club feel. Nice.

Doubled leads and harmonies would be the ticket. OK maybe the doubled leads would take away from the club feel :) but harmonies would still work nicely and some verb.

Nice work! Long live The She Mails! :D

Good drumming. Good singing. The rest is ultra respectable.

Hey, you got a rock song on your hands.

Bring the vocal up a decibel and a half. (That's about the only mixing advice I give anybody here these days...)

There's something about the vocal aside from its level that makes it sound kinda buried in the mix, but I don't know what it is. A cheap mic? Performance idea: when you sing lines like 'when I taste you, I (you?) know I really care', it's really good if you can sound either like you *do* care or completely bored and jaded.

I like this one, right up to the diddy cymbal hit at the end. Reminds me of Teenage Fanclub, or that guy who used to play for the Pixies.

That drumming is strong.

Guernica said:
I dig the bass tone in this C....fittin, and aggressive.

I'll sign your other boob.

Engineering notes: I plugged my bass into my Digitech Genesis 3 amp modeler and I dialed in the first preset with distortion... That's it.

I really enjoy the way we're doing this. Quick, spontaneous, lots of fun and I have a great partner in crime.

Neat little colab project!

The song had a good groove to it.

I had a little trouble hearing the bass guitar in the mix.

The vocals, like a few others have already said, could come up a bit as some of the words are hard to make out on the first pass.

I liked hearing real drums and they sounded well played, as did the rest of the parts on the track.

Cool! :cool:

Okay... first thing that strikes me is lack of bottom, or simply too much high.

I want that guit to have more balls ;) And a meaty bass wouldn't hurt either.

Drums are well done, although the hi-hat is a bit high... And it wasn't because of the green stuff.

Vocals could come up a hair, tiny bit of bottom eq.

Lol, love the cowbell ;)

W.

The Ghost of FM said:
I had a little trouble hearing the bass guitar in the mix.
Understandable to some extend. I ran the bass through a guitar amp modeler for some distortion (the Genesis 3 doesn't have bass amp models) and that did kill the low end a bit.
But imho Vox made a good call by panning the bass to the right and the guitar some to the left to make the bass come out and to my ears that worked out great.

Thanks for listening!

This sounds really good. The Greenday approach to the vocals fits the song perfectly. Excellent snap on the rhythm. Guitars sound great.

The only thing I would look into is the panning of the drums. Seems to be a bit right-sided. I personally prefer the toms to be more centralized.

Great job guys!!

I miss chat. :(

Cy

Really nice collab. The toon Rawks! I agree with Waldo on his critique except I think the Bass sounds fine for this song.

CR ><>

Hey guys, thanks for listening.. Just as a note, the drums are mono, right down the middle done with one mic... No panning at all.

I too noticed the hats a bit hot... Not much I can do about it since the drums are all on one track, but for the next song, I will place it a little bit better..

This entire piece is 4 tracks.

Thanks for listening everyone... We are learning from this advice..

Mucho appreciated!

Joe

Mics and a board

You should try and find a mixing board and some more mics for the kit man. Obviously if have you have a Drum Room, you MUST have room for a little more gear:D

Back