New Setup

DTBlalock

Well I have put thought to what I have decided and am looking for opinions. This is what the rig should look like

Fender Stratocaster w/ Hotrail---> Crate Blue Voodoo 120w Head----> Behringer Slanted cab with 2 Vintage 30's(top) and 2 Jensens (Bottom)---> and below that an Orange 212 cabinet. Any suggestions? Any problems with mixing these speakers in one cab?

DTBlalock said:
Well I have put thought to what I have decided and am looking for opinions. This is what the rig should look like

Fender Stratocaster w/ Hotrail---> Crate Blue Voodoo 120w Head----> Behringer Slanted cab with 2 Vintage 30's(top) and 2 Jensens (Bottom)---> and below that an Orange 212 cabinet. Any suggestions? Any problems with mixing these speakers in one cab?

Have you even played this setup or did you just google what you can afford?

If you did play it, then does it sound good? That should answer it.

I can see some possible impediance issues you might want to look into before buying.

Outlaws said:
Have you even played this setup or did you just google what you can afford?

If you did play it, then does it sound good? That should answer it.

I can see some possible impediance issues you might want to look into before buying.

Well to tell the truth...I've heard Orange cabs and I heard the Behringer cabs. Many friends have been telling me Vintage 30's are the way to go. However, no one seems to have any of these pieces of equipment in my town. Also...the Behringer cab switches from 8 to 16 ohms as does the head..so maybe this will take care of impendance?

If you're going to have mismatched cab/head rig, why pay so much for a orange? The speakers are all that really matter. And yes, Vintage 30's are very nice.

If I were you, I wouldn't even deal with the extra 2x12. Sure you look cool, but you'll look plenty cool with just a half stack.

DTBlalock said:
I've heard Orange cabs and I heard the Behringer cabs.

Not ti be rude, but if you haven't heard the cab with the EXACT same head you plan on using, then you have not heard the cab.

Back