New Rode Mics.......

heylow

Has anyone had any experience with the matched set of Rode NT5's that recently came out? They're like 300 a pair....I'm kind of a Rode fan and I'm curious how these things fair against some other well liked SD Condensers.

Thanks in advance,

heylow

Hey Heylo, those mics are sweet and causing all the big time engineers to drool - I have heard good things about them - did you see the other one (NT4?NT6?) its a stereo mic that looks like nt5 siamese twins - kind of pricey though

If you've got the money, go for it
If your a musician, it wont make you better

I recently picked up a pair of MXL 603s' because I could not wait for the RODE NT5's.

At $299/pr, I think the NT5's will be a hit. I will definitely get the stereo pair.

I wonder how they will compare to the MXL 603s'.

Bowisc
NYC

rode nt5

The RODE nt5 is sweet, but we in the *poor category* require more versatility. I cant afford a dedicated stereo mike with a preset coincedence. I'd rather get 2 factory matched sd condensers such as a fmsp oktava mc012 from the Sound Room where I can switch capsules for different polar patterns, and use them separately for spaced stereo recording. If all you need is a coincedent pair, and you need to use it often, the Rode might make sense. Good luck- Richie

The NT-5 IS 2 matched mics...
the NT 4 is the paired one... and, how do you its sweet, since no one has one yet? :)

Oops!

Sorry, I confused NT-4 with NT-5. A matched RODE pair in reasonable price range? I'm definitely interested. Thanks for correcting me- Richie

I own a NT3. using for acoustic guitar,But I don't like it ,it sounds sort of tinny and boxy. I have had some recording done with a NT1 it did sound much nicer (more mellow). However it was done in a more 'pro' surrounding.
Any suggestions?? should i toss the NT3 and by a NT1.
have not tried any of the new ones

I haven't used an NT3 but I CAN tell you there are better mics for the money than the NT1 in my opinion. The NT1 WAS a great mic for the price when it came out and it's still not the worst.....but one could do much better in terms of smoothness and such.

heylow

AWW MAN!!!!!!!!!

Don't you just HATE it when people do that?!?!

Sorry to leave you hangin!

The NT1 is a 200 dollar mic with no pad or filter. Off the top of my head:

MXL v67 - 180.00 has the pad and filter

Studio Projects C1 - 225.00 and you get the filter and pad

AT3035 - 200.00 I havent heard this one but I'm I'm a fan of AT in general so I'm interested in it. Actually. www.8thstreet.com has them with a cable and stand for 200 bucks....has the filter and pad also. Anybody used these?!?!?!

I know there's more............

A little more will get a AT4033 which I LOVE so much I have two....for overheads. These are about 300 new.

The ADK a-51s is nice. I don't own one But I have used one a few different times and have been pleased. These'll run ya 200 as well....with pad and filter.

Just a few alternatives. When I started buying more mics, I realized how limited and not so great my NT1 was so I sold it!

Some of these other guys may have more.

I'm no expert so mileage may vary,

heylow

Back