New Rock Tune - "You" - feat. Joe Mizzi

I like the hell out of this tune guys. Absolutely love the sounds of the acoustic and the movement of the electrics from left to right then center at the beginning of the first harder part. I kinda thought the last lead fill parts might need more seperation from the vocals, but that might just be me. Great song dude.

I think this is the second great tune I've heard from you maximusbs, the writing is great. Joe - you do a great job on vocals (as always!) and harmonies. The lead guitar with vocals is good mix wise (see above) - a tough one to determine where to level them but this case the vocals are perfectly audible and they compliment each other.
Good job on music and vocals!

I like 6/8, but you didn't really capture the feel of 6/8. As a drummer, it's a fun time sig to play, but I'm listening for the hook and it's not there. A little more jam creativity with the drums would help immensely. I'm hearing flams and triplets all over it in my head, but they aint there. The song and mix is decent to me. Joey's vocals are stellar as usual, but I think they're sitting on top of the mix a little too much. It sounds like a vocal track laid on top of an already mixed backing track. I'd like em in the mix more, but that's just me. Pretty good job overall.

Nice mix. I thought all the vocals were real good. I might nudge the backing vocals up a db or two.

The kick is much louder than the bass. I think it's the kick that's too loud rather than the bass that's too soft.

I liked all the guitar sounds.

Thanx for all the great comments guys!
Yeah, maybe the main vocals could come down a little and the backings up a notch. But I think Brad did a great job on this and it's a lot of fun working with him. Hey Greg, if you hear the drum track in your head, how about trying it out....?;)

Hey Joey, I sent you and Brad a PM about the drums...I'm going to take a crack at them :) I'll send something over to you in a couple of days and if you like it, use it...if not, no worries.

Best,

Dave

Hey Joey, I sent you and Brad a PM about the drums...I'm going to take a crack at them :) I'll send something over to you in a couple of days and if you like it, use it...if not, no worries.

Best,

Dave

Sounds good, Dave!:)

2nd time I listened. First time I listened yesterday, I couldn't really tell what I thought, so I didn't comment. This time, the jumpiness of the drums at the beginning don't seem to fit at all. The "3-&" kick that hits sporadically drives me nuts, because it's like it's trying to turn this rocker into some sort of an eighties pop song, and dude... This song should be no-where even close to near that area. Guitars, when they come in full around 1:36 sound great. Joey's vocals sound awesome. Songwriting is good. Drum beat, .... and I've gotta say overall drum sound aren't too impressive to me. I'd consider giving this song a shot on drums, but I've gotta be able to dedicate enough time to make em' sound stellar. Who knows... I really like this song.. I may just have to see what I can do about it, if it's okay with you guys.

Thanks to all you guys for giving it a listen. I really appreciate all the input. I'm getting the idea that my phony drums and programming are not cutting it :o. I thank you guys for your honestly, but I don't see myself buying a drum set, an eight channel pre, and learning how to play drums any time soon. I've done more than I ever thought I could do with the finger drums, so I'll just have to keep working with what I have and count on the kindness of members like Dave and Jason for offering their help to take my tunes to the next level :D. And Joe, thanks again man - not only do you give your best, you make me push myself harder too.

Stay tuned to see what Dave is working on right now.....I can't wait :D:D:D.....like a kid at Christmas!

Oh snap!! I'm at work and far from my stuff! :eek::eek:Aghhhh, I want to unwrap and play with my new toy!!! Come-on clock!

Back