new rock song

Not my style of music so i'll say what i think about the mix...

The bass goes to loud on some parts, you could low it in those places, maybe a compressor will do the trick but i prefer an automation. The voice needs a pitch adjustment (autotune), but don't re track it, it has a good performance. I like the kick's sound but i think it's too on front, maybe try lowing it a hair. No fights between frequencies, well done...

Last edited:
How can a kick be too out front and too low at the same time? :confused:

I think it sounds great. Frantic and disturbing. I think the drums could use more spread. They're a little too one-dimensional mono sounding. Other than that, it's cool as hell. good job.

Cool song!
Nice tweedy guitar sound, very Nirvana-like. Very original sounding. Drums sound great to me, just pan them out a little like Greg said. I love the groove of the song, well done!

Joey :):):):)

The voice needs a pitch adjustment (autotune),

There isn't autotune already?

My first thought was that there's too much digital distortion on the main vocals (it sounded kind of auto-tuney). But the effect sounds good elsewhere (the spoken interludes and what not).

Alternatively, you may just need to run the lead vocal through a de-esser or eq some of the high end off.

Good guitar tone. The drums didn't stick out to me, so they were fine.

Good harmonies; very cool.

All-in-all, it's a good song. I liked it.

That was cool.

Mix sounds fine. Loved the harmonies which at times reminded me of 311 maybe...I dunno...hope that isn't an insult :o:).

Very imaginative, fun, and bizarro! Nice.

thanks a lot for the replies gentlemen, it helps a lot. I'll keep this short so I have time to check out some others tunes, so thanks, I appreciate the comments.

My first thought was that there's too much digital distortion on the main vocals (it sounded kind of auto-tuney). *snip*

you may just need to run the lead vocal through a de-esser or eq some of the high end off.

yea I tried out this new tube warmer plug on the vocals and I may have gotten carried away.. and that combined with over use of Melodyne may have done some negative shit, I agree the vocals might need some more high cuts, I cut so much out of the guitars that it made the vocals seem too sharp I guess.. I need to take a break from this song but I'll keep this stuff in mind because I was thinking the same thing.

Very different ... and really good writing, S.

... but the mix could use a little more lows dialed in ... there's a serious lack of woof.

Other than that, terrific.

K-

this rawks...

You can hear the melodyne on the lead but I kinda like it...its almost a bit prog rock gone heavy (hope that's not an insult)

weird child like singing stuff in the middle...made me murder my family! lol

I find (on Headphones) that the mix is a little brittle. It seems to be cymbals and guitars that are the culprits. The bass is not too loud but the mix could use (again) some bass to round it out.

It's a very unique tune and well written and arranged - as is all your material.
:cool::D:cool::D

Back