New Piano song

bozmillar

Not really much to critique as far as "mixing" goes, because it's just piano and reverb, but I figured I'd post it anyways. Just did this one last night.

Pretty nice Boz.

Pretty nice writing. I like it, at parts maybe a little predictable or possibly repetitive. Your playing sounds pretty good but I don't like the piano tone really. Not very rich sounding for me.

Keep up the nice playing :)

I'm not sure I've ever written a song that hasn't been predictable, but they always seem to turn out that way. And good call on the tone. I'm not really feeling that either. I'll work on that one.

Thanks.

Cool song. I like the timing of when you first go into the low range. That main melody bit does repeat a few too many times though. I'd say either replace some of the repetitions with variations (try doing the same chord sequence and play freestyle with the right hand for ideas), or just cut one repetition and let it be a bit shorter.

I think adding a cello would fit nicely with the vibe of this song. Plus then you could trade off focus between the two to keep it interesting without changing the piano much.

Very nice piano playing, Boz. ;)
If you could find a more realistic piano sound it'll be perfect.

ok, I took everyone's suggestions on the tone and updated it. I think it sounds better now, but I want to hear what you guys think. This is less of a pop sounding piano and more of a raw sounding one. Better worse?

Sorry, I didn't make the arrangement any more exciting. That may come at a later day.

It's not dissimilar to Micheal Nyman's The piano soundtrack centrepiece.
Not as brittle as his recordings - your's is richer or more mid oriented.
pretty theme, nice laying & a good capture.
If you had a little more of the top end, as in George Winston, with the reverb making the most of that natural ring inside the body it'd be even more impressive.

Back