New PC Spec... comments?

babylon303

Hi all,

Looks like my old PC has died on me (Pentium 4 1500, 1Gb RAM, WinXP)

Am pretty poor at the moment, so am looking at this spec...

Abit IP35 Pro XE Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo, E7300 CPU
DDR2 1066 2Gb RAM

What do you think?

It'll be running Cubase v3 with lots of VSTi's, Reason 4 and Ableton Live.

Also, I can get a Quad core CPU for about the same money, but obv. its lower spec... which should I spend my money on?

Any dual core CPU is gonna be just fine running recording software. The quad core is best utilized for video rendering.

For this PC based recording set-up, money is best spent on (yes) legal software, and hardware to quiet the PC - good, quiet power supply, quiet CPU and system fans.

That looks find to me. I'd invest a little in a case that's pretty quiet to start with. The Antec Sonata series is a very nice case, that's pretty quiet, reasonably priced, and very easy to work on.

Bryan

That looks find to me. I'd invest a little in a case that's pretty quiet to start with. The Antec Sonata series is a very nice case, that's pretty quiet, reasonably priced, and very easy to work on.

Bryan

+1 for the Sonata cases.

Why does everyone always assume that everyone is stealing software? Maybe they worked really hard to pay for their software... Maybe they stole it.... Who really knows... I think it's kinda rude to assume that just because they have expensive software or they don't know what they are talking about means they stole it. If I bought a $1000 mic to start out recording rap vocals maybe cause I've been saving my money, I got a second job, I sell drugs, my parents are rich, or what ever. Would you assume I didn't really buy it and I downloaded it off the internet?

Back