New Owner of DP-24

JoeH

New owner to DP-24. Had a DP-02, ran great for 8 years then the CD went out, started freezing, record button started freezing, but I got some great songs from it, so I was happy to upgrade. Just got the DP-24 a day ago, now setting up. I listened to the Demo, played great through my speakers, but when I hook up the guitar, I can't get any sound. Everything is hooked up right, to my knowledge. Speakers are hooked up to Balance, guitar lead into H, and the resource button is selected and lit, but no sound coming through when I plug in guitar. I did post this question in the Brand section of this site. Any help would be appreciated in getting started. Thanks so much!

New owner to DP-24. Had a DP-02, ran great for 8 years then the CD went out, started freezing, record button started freezing, but I got some great songs from it, so I was happy to upgrade. Just got the DP-24 a day ago, now setting up. I listened to the Demo, played great through my speakers, but when I hook up the guitar, I can't get any sound. Everything is hooked up right, to my knowledge. Speakers are hooked up to Balance, guitar lead into H, and the resource button is selected and lit, but no sound coming through when I plug in guitar. I did post this question in the Brand section of this site. Any help would be appreciated in getting started. Thanks so much!

Have you hit the "ASSIGN" button and assigned H to whatever track you're recording on?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did assign H, but I am not wanting to record anything right now, I just want to plug in my guitar and sample some of the effects. It sounds like a simple operation, but I am not able to get any sound from the guitar out of the speakers. Got new guitar leads, got new monitor leads...just can't get any sound. I even made sure the guitar line is switched to show I am in the right channel. I have the balanced leads plugged in, should I have unbalanced leads plugged in as well?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did assign H, but I am not wanting to record anything right now, I just want to plug in my guitar and sample some of the effects. It sounds like a simple operation, but I am not able to get any sound from the guitar out of the speakers. Got new guitar leads, got new monitor leads...just can't get any sound. I even made sure the guitar line is switched to show I am in the right channel. I have the balanced leads plugged in, should I have unbalanced leads plugged in as well?

I see. In order to get sound, you still have to have pressed the "REC" button for the track that's assigned to H so that's it's lit up red. You won't record anything unless you also hit the big RECORD button in the lower left-hand corner, but the REC for the track has to be lit up red to generate any sound from it into the speakers or headphones or whatever.

Pardon me. The lower RIGHT-hand corner. :)

I appreciate your help. That is what I needed to do! On the DP02, I didn't have to hit the record to play the guitar, that threw me off. Learning in process with this machine, seems more complicated than the DP02, but I am getting more bells and whistle, which I like! Needed the extra tracks. Thanks again!

I appreciate your help. That is what I needed to do! On the DP02, I didn't have to hit the record to play the guitar, that threw me off. Learning in process with this machine, seems more complicated than the DP02, but I am getting more bells and whistle, which I like! Needed the extra tracks. Thanks again!

Happy to help.

I don't know if the DP-32 is different but I don't have to press the RECORD button on the lower right hand corner, just the track RECORD button. This allows me to listen/rehearse and monitor. I only press the main record button when I want to actually record.

Back