New Original

kjam22

This is a religious Chrtistian song. Actually, it's an analysis of today's trend in church music. The music called "Worship Praise" music. It's a simple recording.... and some might notice a vague Dylansque style in it. :)

If you grew up in a church and aren't fond of today's church music.... you'll like this song.

All comments about the song and especially the recording are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks guys...

Song is called "Worship Praise"

Link is http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2124&alid=-1

"Vague?"

It's clean and clear - That's the important part to me. The rest is "art."

On the production side, I'd love ot hear a little "distance" and a whisper of verb on the harp...

Am I hearing your foot tapping towards the end? Not that it would be wrong...

Sounds nice.

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Thanks for the comments.

I think it is my foot you hear toward the end. My studio is upstairs and it's pretty easy to pickup some foot stomping sound.

I could put some verb on the harmonica. This was a one take, two track song. Miced the guitar with an SM81, wore the harmonica and played it and sang into a ADK 51s. So I could bring some verb in during the harmonica, and then drop it out before the vocal picked back up.

Thanks again.

Ken,

I liked the track and it's simple and honest message.:)

There's very little I would change, production wise on this piece other then to maybe tame the dynamics on the harmonica solo as it gets a little out there in spots.

The dry presentation is perfectly acceptable to my ears. Nice an intimate.

Cheers! :)

Back