New Order style song 1st mix

I'm surprised you think the vocals are too loud - I think they're too quiet throughout to be honest. They're quite buried in parts.

The bassline sounds at the right level until the change at 1.53 when the new line comes in all boomy and overbearing.

The drums I think would sound better dried up a touch, but obviously it's your call. The playing for the first 10 seconds is all out of kilter, but then it settles down nicely.

The song and melody are good - I liked it. The guitar lead is very reminiscent of the vocal melody to Krafty in parts - I don't know if this was deliberate homage or inadvertent?

I'm with Rob on this one, I think the vocals could come up a little and the bass down a bit at the change. I thought the change at 1:53 was a bit too dramatic, in your face, a bit too much too soon. If you know what I mean.

The first 10 seconds is a bit off timing wise, like everyone is finding their feet. Almost sounds like it was intentional.

I enjoyed the song though. I not a fan of New Order or really that familiar with any of their work so I have no basis for any comparison. On it's own merit I think it is really good. Reminded me of The Faint in places.

Good stuff :thumbs up:

I concur with the comments already made. Bass was perfect until 1:53 and there should have been something getting me ready for the change. Change was good, just seemed out of the blue.

Good stuff.

Thanks guys! Yes, that bass is definitely too loud at the end. The sort of off kilter beginning is more or less intentional.

I hadn't heard Krafty before, I haven't paid any attention to New Orders later stuff, but that is a pretty good one. Makes me think of Pains of Being Pure at Heart for some reason. The song that I was trying to rip off the most with this one is Dreams Never End.

I really appreciate the feedback!

Back