New One

Fangar

Hey Guys,

Haven't been around in a while, but found a little time to work out a new tune. Still a little rough, but maybe you might enjoy listneing to it. I can't seem to get the vocals where I want them. Anyway enjoy.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1283/singles

Here's the Words:

Verse:

I don’t know what’s going on
I swear to God it’s all news to me
when you say nothing’s changed
and you tell me, “IT’S ALL THE SAME”.

Verse:

I could wonder where you’ve been
But I don’t wanna cast that accusation….
Cause I don’t want you, to think that you, could change the way I am.

Chorus:

I’m sorry for nothing
Except wasting all my time on you
I should have, listened to
all my friends warning about you.

Bridge:

It could have been different if I’d wanted to pay attention to your signs.
It would have been different if I’d chosen it to be…
Am I stupid, or am I insane?

Clean VERSE w/ strings….

Chorus:

I’m sorry for nothing
all my friends warning about you.

Bridge:

Your empty promises are only there to justify your pain.
I’m starting to see all the damage you have to your brain.
Am I stupid, or am I insane?

BREAK

Verse:

There you go again, keep your hands to your self.
You can’t store my emotions and pain on some shelf
And only take them down for review
At a moment that best works for you

I Said hands off me, your touch is too much
For the unstable state that I find myself in.
You can’t be surprised, that I’ve realized, the games you live to play.

Chorus:

I’m sorry for nothing
all my friends warning about you

Bridge / Outro:

All The tears you cry exhibit the twisted nature of your game.
I’ve known all along and only kept you around for one thing.
Are you stupid, Or just insane?

CLEAN VERSE w/ strings OUT

Fangar

Here's my take - overall good job Fangar. I like the drum sounds - the dirty guitars could have a little more meat for this type of song IMO. This has nothing to do with the mix, but I would shorten the tune a little also. Just my opinion though, for whatever it's worth. :-)

futurestar said:
Here's my take - overall good job Fangar. I like the drum sounds - the dirty guitars could have a little more meat for this type of song IMO. This has nothing to do with the mix, but I would shorten the tune a little also. Just my opinion though, for whatever it's worth. :-)

Futurestar,

Thanks for the input. Drums were done usind ACID 3.0. I agree with the dirty guitar sound issue. That is one of the things I am looking into. Thanks again for the time.

Fangar

Nice tune. You know, I think the vocal would sit a lot better with a different treatment. Right now, it either has one of those "small room" verbs on it, or it was tracked too close to a wall or something...lots of early reflections that just don't fit. They take away from the clarity of the vocal, so you end up turning it up to compensate, and it just throws the balance off.

On the chorus...I'm no drummer, but it's just BEGGING for another kick/crash on the "nothing." I mean, the guitars do it (maybe the bass), but without the kick to punctuate it...I dunno'...if it's a matter of just pasting another couple of kicks in, you might try it and see how it sounds.

Again, nice tune. Keep going.

chrisharris said:
Nice tune. You know, I think the vocal would sit a lot better with a different treatment. Right now, it either has one of those "small room" verbs on it, or it was tracked too close to a wall or something...lots of early reflections that just don't fit. They take away from the clarity of the vocal, so you end up turning it up to compensate, and it just throws the balance off.

On the chorus...I'm no drummer, but it's just BEGGING for another kick/crash on the "nothing." I mean, the guitars do it (maybe the bass), but without the kick to punctuate it...I dunno'...if it's a matter of just pasting another couple of kicks in, you might try it and see how it sounds.

Again, nice tune. Keep going.

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I am with you on the vocal issue. Kinda of a double effect thing, and for some reason I can't get it where I want it. I am likely going to retrack the vocals when I get some time. I will take a listen to the in the "nothing" area. That's what is so great about ACID is that it's just another paste like you said. Thanks for the kind words.

Fangar

Ok, I had some time to change the cymbal part that Chris was referring to, and upload it to NoWhere again. I will have to retrack the vocals soon. Thanks,

Fangar

Retacked Vocals

Had a little time and retracked the vocals. Got rid of the annoying spacial thingy delay wierd verb thingy that was going on. I think it sounds a lot better. Thanks for the advice. Still not done in my eyes, but they never seem to be. Have another listen if you have some time.

Fangar

Vocal sounds better to me. I think it's a little dry...I know they're passe', but you might try a small plate verb on the vocal. Regardless, it does sound better to me.

I steered you wrong on where I was hearing the additional kick...it's earlier, like where the guitar punctuates...not directly on "nothing." Sorry, lol.

Back