New mp3, Robin Trower cover with vocals

dabluesman

I took my old instrumental version of Trower's "In My Dream", added vocals and made a new lead guitar track. For only my second attempt at singing (I used my blues voice this time) I'm really happy with how it turned out. What do ya'll think? All the recording info is at my website (by clicking the details or Cyber-Twin logo links next to "In My Dream with Vocals"

In My Dream with Vocals

Good song and performance but...there is fuzzy distortion all over the recording.

almost sounds like it was recorded too hot.

I listened through 2 different sets of monitors so i'm fairly sure it's not on my end.

I also use the CyberTwin. It's a great amp if ya got time to dial it in. I use 3 or 4 presets and add a boss distortion pedal. I have the large midi footswitch but thats just too much to think about while playing.

Thanks for letting me know about the fuzzyness, I must of used to much of a boost on the loudness maximizer. I just uploaded a "fixed" version. Please let me know if I fixed it. I dont hear any fuzzyness on my speakers.

Hey dbm.............

I went and checked out the details page link from this recording.
Very informative stuff.
Your setup is truly a blues man's dream what with the nice guitars and amps and everything.
The dream is realized in the quality of your recorded guitar sounds.

I won't tell you that I d/l the WRONG song LOL! I'll have to catch the RIGHT one later sorry. I listened to "In my Dreams" without vocals and the new gtr you added, and thought it sounded pretty damn good blues man. I'm a big Trower fan, so I love this kinda stuff...the guy just didn't get the credit he deserved tho imho. Great stuff man i'll have to check out some more.

David

Wow

Awesome! After hearing this, I first felt like just giving up it...sounds so good. But instead, I think I'll just use it as inspiration to do better myself. I too am a Trower fan.
There sure are some talented people here! Also, nice website. Thanks.

hey dabluesman...

pretty good... seemed to flow well... I didn't like the lead guitar tone... I thought it was a bit harsh... too fuzzy for me.

if you hadn't stated it was a Trower cover I'd probably have a different take, but then I probably wouldn't have listend to it at all... much less twice.

enjoyed it...

Sonixx, I know what you mean. I probably should of rolled off some on the (guitar's) volume knob to clear it up a bit. But at the time I was searching the amp for that thick fuzzy tone, so I went ahead and used it. You might like the lead tone on my (earlier) instrumental version better. Thanks for the comments ya'll!

Back