New Monitors, KRK Rokits, Yorkville, Other...hmm

Nosferous

I've been using the yorkville YSMi monitors for awhile now with a QSC poweramp.
But I've decided I want to move to powered monitors...

For the pair I'd like to keep it at around $500
The KRK Rokits are in that range the 6 and 8 (at $400/pair and $500/pair), any opinion on these? Will I notice much difference between the 6 and 8?

Other monitors in that range that I should check into?

thanks

Ive actaully read that its a good idea for nearfields to stick with the 6 inchers and spend money on a well balanced sub to fill out the sub bass range, that 8 inch cones and larger in 2 way systems end up with a less ideal crossover between the woofer and tweeter deu to physical restrictions caused by the woofers mass.

When i auditioned the the KRK (among others) in guitar center the bass sounded tight, responsive, and clear on both the 6 and 8 inch sets. Sure kicked the crap out of the flubby washed over lower end on my Behrigners, but i was counting on that.

Didn't know that about nearfields sticking with the 6inch- thanks for that info.

Was that the KRK rokit line you auditioned or the V series? Sounds like what I've heard about the Rokit line- haven't read much on the V series. Though an old friend of mine did have the V6 or V8s and I really liked those.

it would have to have been the V series because there is no Rokit6. There's Rokit 5 and 8.

Check my thread in the studio building forum. I just bought some KRK Rokit8s at Guit Center yesterday and got a hell of a deal on a price match. A link to the price match is included. go there.

I heard the V2 series. I was comparing them to the Mackie HR824 and the Event Precision 8's, both of which I've worked with before (via the universities and a friends studio) and I liked the krk's. I need to save up a little more and go back with my own refrence CD's before I make the upgrade, but i think the krk's are where I'm headed.

Back