New Mixing Desk

Thanks for that :)

Really was a big help, Once I payed off all my current debts for the gear i got. Im gonna head straight for a new mixer

- Idgeit

How do you know I have not used one? Have you any idea how much gear I have used? How much gear I have forgotten about? I don't remeber off hand how to reassign the VCA names on a Midas Heritage 3000. Does that mean I have not used it? I run a pro audio company and work in countless different venues doing sound for countless different bands. I run across TONS of different pieces of gear. I always make it perfectly clear if I comment on a piece of equipment second hand without actual experience with it.

Also, I never said or implied that the M12 was a "toy". You mentioned how much cheaper the M12 was. I was merely pointing out some reasons why the Allen Heath is more expensive less someone think that they were the same in feature, but different in price. Having 4 band EQ instead of three band can be a huge advantage. Having 6 auxes instead of 4 can also be a huge advantage. I agree that the FX are pretty cheezy, but at least they are there should it be your only option and need them. personally, I am not sure just how "unmatched in it's class" the Soundcraft stuff is. I am not a Mackie fan, but the ne Onyx stuff also sounds pretty darned good for what you pay. As far as 100mm faders, I certainly prefer them over 60mm, but that is not a deal breaker for me. They do however cost a little more. The Midas Venice has 60mm faders. If you want to talk about a mixer that is truly unmatched in its class, the Midas Venice is definately that. In fact, I prefer the sound of a $4000 Midas Venice over the $45000 Soundcraft Series 5. No doubt the Series 5 has WAY more options on it (more comprehensive EQ, dual inputs, split outs, VCA's, more busses, matrixing, more auxes, etc....), but the Venice just has a better sound in my opinion.

Comparing a Soundcraft M12 to a Mix Wiz is in the ball park, but certainly not a real apples to apples comparison. Also keep in mind that I was not the one who originally threw out the Mix Wiz as an option:) I have to sya though, yur last post would have convinced me to buy the Mix Wiz over the Soundcraft. And here in the states a Mix Wiz can be had for just over $900 USD, which looks like it may be a different ratio than over in the UK:)

As I have a MixWiz, I'll just say that it is really nice. I don't think the ground bus is a copper bar, at least not on the v2. Although I did replace the stock wire with a big fat copper one :) but I didn't notice a difference. Made me feel good though :rolleyes:

The onboard effects are nothing you would ever use on a mixdown, but they're perfectly convenient for headphones.

Other than that it's a nice, simple layout on a good sounding board that's flexible enough for live or studio.

xstatic said:
How do you know I have not used one?
Um ....
xstatic said:
How many mono channels does the M12 have? does it have 100mm faders? How many dedicated aux sends? Does it have built in FX?
Hey, sorry, I wasn't calling you out or anything. I don't know anything about you, mate. I just felt I should put the features of the M12 down so they're clear what we're looking at.

xstatic said:
I have to sya though, yur last post would have convinced me to buy the Mix Wiz over the Soundcraft.
So it should have!! If I could afford one, I'd take it!! They look like really good and servicable boards ... and by really good, you have to understand that I'll never EVER be playing with Midas or Soundcraft Series 5 desks!!! :)

Sorry if I came across a bit heated ... my impatience was not caused by you, or this thead.

Back