New mix

guitar zero

c = b#
I dug another old one out from 2007 and spiffed it up a bit. Let me know what's good or bad. It's called Photographs. Here's the mix:

Dude... Can't comment on the mix because I'm sick as a dog, my ears are filled with gunk, and my speakers suck. But what I can say, is - I really enjoyed this song. I've gotta go listen to my Project 4 album again...

Really nice song. Recording is pristine (and I hate using that word!!). I'm on headphones, so can't comment on the mix.

For arrangement and production, I like most everything. I don't like the panned vocals, but I'm all about symmetry and keeping the elements balanced. So, it's really a personal taste. I'm sure someone else likes the idea of a conversation going on or something. :)

I think you did a great job writing, performing and recording this song. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dude... Can't comment on the mix because I'm sick as a dog, my ears are filled with gunk, and my speakers suck. But what I can say, is - I really enjoyed this song. I've gotta go listen to my Project 4 album again...
Thanks man. How's the new studio? Keeping you busy? Hope you get well soon.

Really nice song. Recording is pristine (and I hate using that word!!). I'm on headphones, so can't comment on the mix.

For arrangement and production, I like most everything. I don't like the panned vocals, but I'm all about symmetry and keeping the elements balanced. So, it's really a personal taste. I'm sure someone else likes the idea of a conversation going on or something. :)

I think you did a great job writing, performing and recording this song. Thanks for sharing it with us.
I'd like to take credit, but my son wrote and performed this. All I did was mix it, panned vocals and all:rolleyes: Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I may try un-panning the vocals just to see if it's better.

When the percussion first comes in, a couple of them really emphasize some unpleasant highs. Specifically, the shaker, bells, and high hat.

I also agree with Chili about moving some of the vox closer to center. If a part is important, I think it should be audible in both ears.

Otherwise, the mix sounds fine to me.

Same as the others - not sure about the panned vocals (personal preference) and the shaker or tamborine is too prominent. This is definitely a pristine recording - one of the best sounding I've heard. Great song too... Reminds me of something John Mayer would do...

When the percussion first comes in, a couple of them really emphasize some unpleasant highs. Specifically, the shaker, bells, and high hat.

I also agree with Chili about moving some of the vox closer to center. If a part is important, I think it should be audible in both ears.

Otherwise, the mix sounds fine to me.
Thanks. Clearly panning the vocals was an un-popular move. I'll un pan them for sure. I'll also check the percussion and fix that. Appreciate your input.

Same as the others - not sure about the panned vocals (personal preference) and the shaker or tamborine is too prominent. This is definitely a pristine recording - one of the best sounding I've heard. Great song too... Reminds me of something John Mayer would do...
Thanks. It's unanimous. Un pan the vocals.

Back