new mix please tell me how I did

Sounds pretty good. I think it needs more bass. And I think the vox could be up just a bit considering how loud the guitars are. The guitars sound real good by the way.

Yeah the guitars are too loud and the drums are getting buried most of the time. Vox are too quiet too. Guitars are cool though, levels just need a little rebalancing. Good energy.Good tune

Trying to cover the drums up because they aren't very good probably isnt a great idea. I would say track them again if your serious about making it sounds good.

My suggestions would be, a lot more bass, guitars down.

The kick could do with less 'click' and more 'thud'.

If you could bring the mids and lows up on the lead vox, it would possible make the deep screaming phatter.

Got potential, just needs to be tighten up and made a bit thicker :) Some of the riffs are nice. Is it recorded to a click?

Trying to cover the drums up because they aren't very good probably isnt a great idea. I would say track them again if your serious about making it sounds good.

My suggestions would be, a lot more bass, guitars down.

The kick could do with less 'click' and more 'thud'.

If you could bring the mids and lows up on the lead vox, it would possible make the deep screaming phatter.

Got potential, just needs to be tighten up and made a bit thicker :) Some of the riffs are nice. Is it recorded to a click?
they tried to record to a click but the drummer wasn't capable of doing it..there was nothing I could do to make the drummer sound better aside playing his part for him

Not really my type of music, but I'll try to give some feedback. The drums need to be redone I think. I understand that weak a drummer has nothing to do with you. Maybe they should consider a new drummer, the drums are a major key to how a song feels (atleast for me). Maybe raise the vocals a bit, overall, I think the mix is pretty good, considering the drum issues.

I hope it helps.

I think I am doing a lot better now..I have been eqing out the muddy lows which brings up another problem the bass guitar is giving me a rough time I can't get the musyness out it without making it sound thin. does this sound like a tracking problem or just something I am doing wrong. let me give you some info on what I did. I recorded direct input with a tube preamp and I have tried light copression and really heavy some note sound good but some stick out and make it sound muddy in spots. any suggestions?

To my ears, the guitars and vocals sound very good, but the bass is buried. Might be my set up for listening, but I would like to hear a bit more low end.

Drumming is poor, but that's not your fault. ;)

All in all, nice for what you had to work with.

Back