New mix. Old tune.

raindrops

Some of you may remember a while back I posted a track called 'Demo' which received some excellent comments from you lot! Thanx.

I have done a new mix of this and I think it sounds far improved. I was very unhappy with the drum sound from the previous mix the drums have now been eqed into place (as far as possible by me). However recently I have aquired Sampletank which has far better sounding drum kits on it. So possibly I might dig up the files for it and do a new remix as I like the tune. I believe it is my best rated track to date. Since doing this I have been deviated further and further from convention with my music and been creating some obscure music. This I believe is my LAST piece I would consider conventional.

The other pieces are also on the site and I will be adding more very soon.

Thank you

Enjoy!

Nick

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/metal/nicksellen/

The track is named 'Stakes Somewhat'

raindrops...

I know that this song has been hangin' around for 3 days without a response, so here goes...

First and foremost, I have to admit that I got tired of listening to the same two chords for the first 2:40 of the song.
I thought the intro sounded great, and there was some interesting things going on at the start, but the song needs to move in another direction by the 1:30 or 1:40 mark.

Mixwise, I thought you did some nice things with the add-on sounds and all.... that was the strong-point of the song. ;)
But, songs with a drum machine tend to lose my interest, unless there's some really creative work on the drum track.

This song just needs a couple of changes... (chord changes, maybe?) and the drum tracks need to be a little more creative.

You're about 70 percent there to a really great song.

This is just my opinion, and of course, it's subjective.

Buck
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/248/the_mac_brothers.html

Thank you the response.

Most of all though thank you for the honesty. Nowhere else but the internet can I get that.

I agree with your comments when listening back to it. There is not much varition (although loads of variation compared to some of my more recent very repetitive stuff haha!).

What do you mean by the add-on sounds?

If I were to redo this track which I think I won't (It's over a year old now) I would redo the drums with better sounding drums, they really do sound like shit to my ears.

Thank you once again

Back