new mix from my band 'Free Hat'

Mix is pretty good except I don't hear enough snare. The kick is there, just need more snare for my taste. Production is slick. Good performance all the way around.

Certainly this is strong recording and mix. Tight timing, sounds professional. If I have to nitpick, it wasn't exactly the kind of bass guitar sound I like. Thought the keyboards were mixed a little high maybe. Nice upfront vocal.

def. i really wanted to try to showcase the keyboard/piano player and the bassist because they are really great players and pretty much owned the song. i had to compromise a bit on the bass tone a bit to get it as present as i wanted. i understand COMPLETELY where you are coming from though. I usually prefer my mixes a bit more drum heavy than this.

Sounds really good. I liked the bass player.

The only constructive thing I could say is that in parts of the song I thought the vocal was just a bit too loud. You could maybe pull it back just a bit.

Is the key board stereo. Try a mono pan somewhere maybe. Yeah, the bass is great and drives the song. would prefer it blend more with the drums. Also, I'm not a fan of the panned out toms. That always sounds crazy to me. Even on professional recordings. I can't make sense of that. Even in a total LCR mix.
Crazy great tune and performance

Thanks everyone! great response from this. every seems to have similar suggestions so now i know exactly what to work on. haha. Thanks again

Back