New mix contest (rock)

I'd like a shot at this. I'm looking for more stuff to mix in my free time and hone my skills. (As long as I could use my mixes to demonstrate my mixing skills to potential clients!)

Any progress on getting the consolidated files out of the Cubase sessions?

Hey I can be honest and say that I only have Cubase LE 4, so I'm not sure how well the compatibility would run on my end. I would love to try and convert it to wave files though so we'll see.

But I'll also try a hand in this, I haven't mixed a song in a while and I don't want my mixing skills to go dry.

Count me in! Why don't you limit it to 2-3 tracks? I'd love to have a crack at them, just not the whole album. I'm also on Dropbox. I can't split out the individual wave files though, unless Sonar 8.53 can import whatever file format Cubase uses.

Anyway, I'm very interested, if this gets off the ground.

Do any magazines, websites, plug-in manufacturers etc. run mixing contests like this, with bigger prizes, or more visibility for the winning mixes? I'd love to enter something like that!

Waves had one running recently, involving the JJP plug-ins, but it closed in December.

Just FYI...I just checked the Cubase website and Cubase 4 will not open Cubase 5 project files. Otherwise I'd take a stab at it.

Back