New Mix (Alt Rock)

Hope you're planning to add some vocals. It goes on too long for what it is, especially as it's pretty standard power chord progressions without any change in the energy level. Maybe let the guitars drop out for a section and have the bass and drums carry on? Or switch from power chords to some kind of riff? It's hard to judge the sounds outside a song context.

I think it sounds fine so far. Guitars are polished. Bass sounds good too and is at a good level.

I also assume there will be vocals or some sort of melody. It's possible that a vocal is going to give you some challenges - depending on the tone of the vocal. It's a pretty full mix, and it might be hard to fit a vocal in. So I would re-post once that's done (assuming it is).

Thinking about putting a lead guitar melody over it. I wanted to know how it sounded as a backing track first though.

Depending on what you're doing, you might need to thin it out to give your lead guitar some space.

Yeah, the parts you have now sound balanced with each other. Who knows how it'll turn out with vocals and/or lead.

Back