new midi controller

willovercome

i just got reason and a new controller (evolution MK 249 c). i have two newbie questions. i'm brand new to midi, but i've been recording audio for a little while.

1) when i turn the controller off and then back on, the programs can't find it (they say it may be being used by another application). is this normal?

2) can i just leave it on all the time? i don't see how that would hurt anything.

thanks.

1. may be it's the bugs of the software ? it doesnt sound normal, but how do I know anyway :D
2. hey, it's not realy bad idea, but if the keyboard has lcd display, then turning it on all the way could make the display lit and hard to read after long time. and the adaptor / transformer may have shorter lifetime (overheat?) :)

willovercome said:
1) when i turn the controller off and then back on, the programs can't find it (they say it may be being used by another application). is this normal?
Why do you do this? ;)

And it's powered by USB, right? And connected to the PC via USB? Then you remember to "stop" the device before you turn it off?

i don't know what 'stop the device' means. i only use it in reason and a VST version of Native Insturments Pro 53. the reason i turn the controller off is because i don't know if it's ok to leave it on all the time.

now the problem is gone. i don't know what happened, but i can turn it on and off and the computer doesn't care anymore. oh well, i'm not complaining.

yeah i'm using XP.

Back