New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi Aileth,
There are many well qualified recording and musical bods here and I shall leave them to comment on your tracks. Suffice it to say I thought them very good.

My main point is: Do Not Sell the Fast track pro...Ever! You have obviously got it working fine and I am not at all surprised because they are one of the least fussy AIs ever made (not quite there with the KA6 Bobbs! But close!). The FTTP also has some next to unique features such as stand alone operation, just needs a 9 volt supply and it will serve as a pre amp/ SPDIF converter. Also has inserts, no biggy but can be handy.

Even tho' it is showing its age I found mine to have pretty low MIDI latency (again, the KA beats it but not by a lot). Its weakness is the mic amplifiers, not enough gain but I guess from the "sparkle" on your tracks Aileth you are using a capacitor mic? The pro is not so good with an SM57/8 but that said you have a strong voice so it might be fine.

Much luck,

Dave.

Hi, i am aksarkar. I am interested to make music and home recording it. I am having a Roland GW-8 Keyboard, M- Audio C 400 External sound card and one core i3 (2nd gen.) laptop, O/S Windows 8.1, RAM 4GB etc. I found this forum in the net and thought it could be of help for me. I am a newbie and need some assistance to go ahead. Thanx to all in advance.
aksarkar1248

Hello, My name is Noah and I've apparently been a member since June, 2011 but I'm still fairly new to the forums...

I've browsed around in the past and I believe I commented on a thread at one point. Anyways, I'll be seeking your guy's help and advice as I get started on building my first home recording studio.
So just message me on here if you feel like chatting, That way we can get to know each other... But other than that I'm sure I'll see you around on the forums! Thanks guys... -Noah

Last edited:
Hello, I'm John
I posted a couple of songs in the mp3 Mix forum for advise. I'm new to the forum. The band I'm in is nothing serious these days. We're all in our 40's now and have non-music related careers. We thought it would be a great idea to record some of our newer original material from home. In the mid 90's we tried this with a Tascam Portastudio. I hadn't kept up with home recording at all since then so I was surprised by what's out today. We're trying these new recordings with a Tascam US1800 and the free Cubase 5 LE DAW. Not sure if this is good or not but we'll try it. Thanks everyone.

Hallo I am Luca and I am starting to record stuff so I can listen to my own music. I have a focusrite 2i2 scarlett audio interface work with cubase and the stuff that where in the bundle of the focusrite. I play warious instrumnets and sing. I hope to grow my home recording capabilities together with u guys!

Hi! Thanks for letting me be part of your forum. My name is Bob and I'm a newbie to recording but have been involved with music for more than forty years. Looking forward to learning and just sharing common interests with you all.

Hi I'm Eric. I built a studio in my basement a couple years ago to record my own stuff. Still learning, but this is a great forum for info.

Heij
My Name is Alex, i`m from Germany and i`m a home recording newbie. I came by this forum because i`m in need of a service manual for my broken Fostex 3070 compressor/limiter. I hope somebody can help me with that and i -maybe- can be helpful, too.
I`m a Fostex-Fan, i became when i saw the Model 80 a friend of mine owns and the wish came up strong to have my own record equipment at home.
So i bought me a Model 80, too together with the Fostex 450 Mixer and the 8316 Remote Control. With this i made a dream come true, have my own recording "studio".
I recorded three performers until now and all were great experience and a steep learning curve.
The sound of the old Fostex-Gear is still great. Seems i was lucky to get an 80 with the heads still ok, no huge gaps seen `til now (knock on wood) and i have some NOS-tapes, too.
Some Producer said "if You`re not able to make a hit record on a Fostex, You won`t be able with a Studer or Otari, too".
I totally agree.
I have to get permission from the artists to upload some examples of the work done `til now but it shouldn`t be a problem.
Kind Regards from Germany to all the TapeHeads out here,
Alexander Bork

hello

Hello all.

I joined here ages ago did some reading and that was about it.

Bought some gear, came to discuss and learn.

-Behringer Xenyx 502
-Cad C195
-Using reaper for the moment.

Hi all id be 1 of them newbee lads \,,/ just trying to get my head around all this tec stuff the last time i was in a studio it was all tape to tape..
im a drummer so id like to start tracking drums at some point so get ready for me to melt your brains with ?????
hope yiz are all cool
\,,/

Hello!

Hey guys!

My name is Roel but online I'm known as Roro! :D

I'm currently a senior computer science major at Texas A&M University who enjoys singing when I can find time.
I came from another singing forum called Audio City where they have taught me all I know about singing and mixing. Of course, I'm still not a pro, so I thought I join you all and hope I get some feedback so I can improve.

I look forward to meeting with you and all learning as much as I can from everyone! :D

How do I upload my Profile picture? Can't find it anywhere in My Profile.

Charles
Web Developer in Toronto, Canada. Used to be in a cover band for about 5 years (wasn't everybody?) Don't wanna do that anymore! I just want to record.

How do I upload my Profile picture? Can't find it anywhere in My Profile.

Charles
Web Developer in Toronto, Canada. Used to be in a cover band for about 5 years (wasn't everybody?) Don't wanna do that anymore! I just want to record.

I believe you cannot upload a profile picture until you have 50 posts. I could be wrong on that number but there is a prerequisite amount.

Keep posting and welcome to the forum Charles! :)

I'm from Western Australia, I'm really into my Guitars right now especially Fenders and Squires for the value they offer (that no one seems to want to match) and came here so as to learn as much as possibly as quickly as possible about pedals and other audio processors (outboard) and modding advice, recording tips, amp setups, digital amp modelling software and hopefully a bit of a laugh.. Am a self-professed Fender offset (Jaguar / Jazzmaster) guitar nut

I'm from Western Australia, I'm really into my Guitars right now especially Fenders and Squires for the value they offer (that no one seems to want to match) and came here so as to learn as much as possibly as quickly as possible about pedals and other audio processors (outboard) and modding advice, recording tips, amp setups, digital amp modelling software and hopefully a bit of a laugh.. Am a self-professed Fender offset (Jaguar / Jazzmaster) guitar nut

Hey barrywater.

Hey guys my name is Mikey Canzonetta, im an engineer living in Los Angeles. A lot of work is being done in home studios now days and I'm hoping to pick up any tips and tricks to expand my knowledge on the subject. Cheers!

Back