New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Northern Newbie

Greetings from Canada!

I've been a drummer for 25 years and have been delving into recording for the past 10 years. I run Logic Pro 9 through my iMac. I started with a Presonus FP10 for pres, conversion, and firewire connectivity to the iMac. I added a 2nd FP10 when my band started doing live off the floor recordings at my place. While I still use the FP10 pre's for guitars, synths, and horns once in a while, I recently upgrade to 2 API 3124's. They are the BOMB for drums and I've been very happy with them on pretty much everything I've tried with them. My FP10's are used just for conversion now. I run Rokit 6's as my main monitors, and have a pair of Alesis Monitor 1's powered by a Bryston 2B as my secondary monitors.

At this point, I do small projects for singer/songwriters, church groups, school choirs, etc. While I intend to keep this hobby in my basement/garage, I am always motivated to find the best values in top-notch gear.

Whats up guys!? I have been reading forums (this one too) for quite some time and decided to be more involved in the community. I run my own recording studio in Sacramento, CA and am here for knowledge and to meet some like minded people. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Hope all of you are well !

Hi! New here..

Hi I am Aurko. I'm getting a recording setup at home, wanna learn how stuff works. I play guitars, mostly metal.. I've recorded stuff before through my pod x3 live on cubase.

Hi All!
I'm Mary, finally registered after years of lurking. Looking forward to actually interacting with these geniuses. :)

Greetings! I'm Phil, and after years (mostly) inactive with multi-tracking I've gotten back into it. Prog rock, some avant garde, mostly instrumental stuff. Really got into voice sampling once that became affordable for shoestring budget types (late 80s), and then recorded a ton of stuff friends first said "sounds like Ministry," and now say "is trip hop before trip hop existed." As a kid was a piano wiz, but somehow never worked much of that into my multi tracking efforts. Can't sing to save my life. If I could do that I'd probably make a lot more of the conventional stuff.

Hi All!
I'm Mary, finally registered after years of lurking. Looking forward to actually interacting with these geniuses. :)

Who? What? Did you say genius or Guinnes? :)

Welcome to the forum Mary. Much info is given here. I know that I learn more everyday from the members here. Good stuff! :D

You asking?

Naw man, just asking the new member, that we will likely never hear from again, a basic/funny question. Just saying hello doesn't seem to keep anyone around. This place needs some romantic walks on the beach! lol!

I am sure that one day we will walk on the beach. Not in a romantic way though. :)

Hi, I am Kmart and I have been writing as a hobby for about twenty years.
Now I plan to put a little studio together. I know I have a learning curve to
deal with.I'll be learning Cubase LE4 and Cubase AI4.

Hi. I'm Jeff. I'm a drummer/percussionist (electronic for the kit, acoustic for the other stuff). I hope to learn something from all of you.

Hi all, bit of an old boy here 61yrs been playing guitar since about 12yrs old but learning every day! & that will continue...... not working @ the moment due to arthritis in back/neck but thankfully my hands are ok, so i thought why not do some home recording more learning, i've got a long way to go but the longest journey & all that, anyway just wanted to say hello & i love this site get a bit carried away reading nearly everything, & writing about seemingly, stop

Back