new Mastodon anyone?

blueroommusic

you want this big boy?
Hi all,

Just bought a copy of the new Mastodon album "Blood Mountain", and was wondering if any of you have picked it up, or pirated it like I did a month ago?

If so, what do you all think of the guitar work on this one as compared to "Leviathan" and "Remission"?

-Go!!!

I bought it the other day. I've not heard much of their stuff before, I heard a bit of leviathan which sounded a little prog rock to me, which is always good in my book. The new album seems heavier to what I have heard from them before. I haven't done a full listen, been listening on the train on the way to work. But my first impressions are that it fucking rocks! :)

this album is more progressive to me...not necessarily heavier than Leviathan...I'm still listening though. Pick up leviathan if you like the new one...you won't be disappointed.

blood mountain absolutely rules

i was always a casual fan of their previous work(lifesblood EP, remission, leviathan), but this album definitely knocks them up a few notches on the scale

I'm interested in these guys. I've only heard a little bit of their stuff, and I remember digging it quite a bit...with one nitpick: The drummer really needs to lay off of the constant ridiculous fills.

I'll check out the new one soon.

The drummer really needs to lay off of the constant ridiculous fills.

I agree to a degree...he's a little busy, and untasteful sometimes, but he is a badass.

their guitarists though...OMG can those guys play

hey,

whoever gave me neg rep can fuck off. I didn't pirate it exactly; A friend who works at their label sent me an early copy, without the artwork. And I bought the fucking thing, plus the DVD, so don't tell me i'm not supporting this band.

Back