New Karma Audio Mics - Trinity & Unity

kidvybes

...was checking out the newly released Karma Audio LDC mics, "Trinity" (3-patterns for $249) and "Unity " (cardioid only for $199) LDC mics...they sound quite good...I wasn't impressed with the less expensive "Prophecy" when it was released, but these two mics (and the Trinity in particular) sound very nicely balanced, with a clean (not overly hyped) top-end and a tight but subtle low-end...built like a tank too...anybody else try one of these yet?

Trinity Multi-Pattern Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone :: Condenser Mics Trinity, Unity, Prophecy, K-10, K-micro, Silver Bullet :: Karma Mics - Dynamic mic - Condenser Microphone - Recording Microphone - San Jose, CA

Unity Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone :: Condenser Mics Trinity, Unity, Prophecy, K-10, K-micro, Silver Bullet :: Karma Mics - Dynamic mic - Condenser Microphone - Recording Microphone - San Jose, CA

***I noticed that Karma is offering an introductory special on these 2 mics that's makes for a great deal!...$30 off either mic (that makes the 3-pattern Trinity only $219 and the Unity just $169)...

...to save $30 on these new mics, simply enter coupon code “trinity30” if you order the Trinity, and/or coupon code “unity30” if you order the Unity***

Attachments

• UnityCapsuleOpen.jpg
    UnityCapsuleOpen.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 108
  • KarmaAudioTrinityUnity.jpg
    KarmaAudioTrinityUnity.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
...just out of curiosity, I ran frequency graphs on the Trinity in all three polar patterns...cardioid (bottom), omni (top), and figure 8 (center)...

Attachments

• TrinityOmni.jpg
    TrinityOmni.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 104
  • TrinityFigure8.jpg
    TrinityFigure8.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 102
  • TrinityCardioid.jpg
    TrinityCardioid.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 102
...Dubplate tracking session tonite with the Trinity...hope to have some vocal samples to post in a day or two...

Attachments

• Trinityinuse.jpg
    Trinityinuse.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
...nice solid mics, especially the Trinity (3 polar-patterns)...IMHO, they are definately better than many of the similarly priced mics I've tested...my dub session was cut short, but my partner took the Unity (cardioid only) to the studio and ran some rap vocals on it, so I may be able to post those in a day or so...

You had the Kel HM7U right? How do they compare?

...I did have an HM-7U, but I sold it around 6 months ago, so I can't comment on a direct comparison...from what I remember, the Kel was a bit "bigger sounding" (possibly due to a little more low-end response) than the new Karma mics...there are similarities, and all 3 mics exhibit noticeable top-end rolloff, eliminating excessive high-end "hashiness"...if you don't mind spending the extra $150-200 (depending on which of the Karma mics you are considering), the Kel is a very nice vocal mic, of course...

Back