New Interface

jmh8605

So i need a new interface with more i/o, i have a firebox. I'm looking at something with like 8 analog inputs and s/pdif and adat for future expandability. So in that category you have some motu stuff, tascam 1804, firepod, m-audio 1814, among others. I just really want to know if any of these brands have better converters than others, I have outboard pres so the number onboard is not really an issue. Any expieriences or suggestions would be very appreciated

I'm trying to keep it in the price range of the interfaces i listed, so something like the rme firewire stuff is pretty much out at $1500. But i recently have been looking at the saffire pro 26i/0. Just want some opinions. Thanks.

I love my EMU 1820M. I find the convertors and clock on those are excellent for the price range. They are the same convertors as the big boy ProTools HD interfaces and despite a different clock, the clock they have in the M series EMU interfaces is quite excellent. Also, their drivers are very good and well supported.

If you are on a Tight Budget then you might check out the "Behringer ADA8000" which gives you 8 Mic Pre"s and Adat/SPDIF output for about $200 which will add 8 Digital Recording tracks into your system Via SPDIF Input....

From what I hear it is a Fairly good Piece of Equipment considering it is Made by Behringer and it is Probably the Cheapest way to get 8 Extra Tracks of recording into your PC and the A/D Converters are supposedly Not bad Cuz they are the Same Type used in many Consumer A/D Converters.....

If you have about $600 to spend then you might look into one of the "Alesis 16 Channel Firewire Mixers" as they are Good Quality Mixers with 8 Good quality Mic Pre"s and will allow you to record up to 16 Tracks at the same time to your PC Pluss you have all of the Features of a Good quality Mixer....

Cheers

Back