New Hotel Limbo Double Single out on Bandcamp - "Creep Steve'

chuckduffy

Hotel Limbo on Bandcamp

New Hotel Limbo Double Single out on Bandcamp - "Creep Steve'

Wow has it really been three months since the last double single? The new one is up 'Creep Steve' b/w 'Mechanical Dream', available on Bandcamp at the name your own price including NADA, ZIP, NOTHING. So GO DOWNLOAD IT, check it out and let you know what you think.

Both of these tracks are subjects of mp3 forum threads here, and everyone was MASSIVELY helpful to me with mix tweaking, critique, etc. So thanks guys for all your continued, valuable input, time - etc.

Creep Steve was radically re-worked, stripped away tons of guitar stuff, re-cut the lead vocal, added blues harmonica like I always wanted it. Mechanical Dream was just a little tightening up and adding back my daughters vocal. For whatever reason Bandcamp streaming adds all kinds of weird artifacts to the bass. Swear it sounds better when downloaded :-)

CreepSteve.jpg

Cool. I already have both I think burned to disc (pirated copies? :eek:)...so these are probably mixes I haven't heard before, right?

Cool. I already have both I think burned to disc (pirated copies? :eek:)...so these are probably mixes I haven't heard before, right?

Hey Heat. I think Creep Steve is a different enough mix to be called a new version :-). New lead vocal, dropped lots of the crazy blues guitars, changed drums, added harmonica leads and other guitars. A lot more organic than the original, if that means anything. Mechanical Dream just has some tweaks. Check them out. I've switched over to name your own price, including 0 dollars so downloads are free :-)

Just a quick update - I AM SO Super duper psyched! Cracked the top 100 best sellers in bandcamp.com pop. In retrospect I don't know that my style is really 'pop', but the single is currently at #64 and rising - SO WHO CARES !!!!!!

Huge thanks to everyone here for all the mix critiques, listens and feedback over the past year and a half! You guys are AWESOME!

Congratulations chuck - that's great.

I haven't downloaded yet, but will soon. I'm streaming Mechanical Dream right now...damn, I know I've said it before, but that chorus and the part immediately following it are just exquisite...really.

I like the guitar sounds a lot better on this incarnation of Creep Steve - well done!

Very nice! I just had a listen and I am very impressed! Not only do I love the mix, but the song will likely be stuck in my head when I wake in the morning.

Great stuff Chuck! :)

FB page like and share to my page. :)

Very nice! I just had a listen and I am very impressed! Not only do I love the mix, but the song will likely be stuck in my head when I wake in the morning.

Great stuff Chuck! :)

FB page like and share to my page. :)

Wow - hey thanks Jimmy! Most of my tracks go through the mp3 forum here - get tweaked for a few rounds with great feedback/help/suggestions from folks, and then at some point out the door to bandcamp :-) Even have a guest appearance from Heatmiser on one of my tracks!

Thanks heat :-) I really stripped down Creep Steve, and honestly it's the harp that makes it for me this mix. It's a part I always wanted in there, and I am psyched I finally found someone to play it.

Chuck

Congratulations chuck - that's great.

I haven't downloaded yet, but will soon. I'm streaming Mechanical Dream right now...damn, I know I've said it before, but that chorus and the part immediately following it are just exquisite...really.

I like the guitar sounds a lot better on this incarnation of Creep Steve - well done!

Back