New guitar sound

I agree. The guitars sound great. But the bass...could be a bit thicker. I know what it's like with a mix like this. The brighter bass works with the thick guitar. And to use a thicker, heavier bass, you have to thin out the guitars--which is obviously not what you're going for.

So what if you had basically two bass tracks (the same source--but treated differently)? So when the guitars break, and it's just drums & bass, the bass can rip my face off--then when the guitars come back in, the bass "reverts" to the other sound, and let's the guitars do the ripping.

Just thinking out loud...

I love that thick sound you're getting. I like the bright bass to and I'm normally a thick bass kind of guy. The git carries the rhythm and the drummer can read a paper or something.:D

You guys got it goin' on... sounds like some Iron Maiden. Seriously... this sounds like the real deal... pro recording and playing.
My two suggestions..
#1, Edit the drum tracks so that when the break happens, the cymbals dissappear COMPLETELY. The cymbal rings on in the background, and it sounds bad.
#2, get some vocals on this song and let us hear it!!

Peace!

~Shawn

Sounds awesome...just wondering what your using for distortion...is it a metal muff perhaps...just wondering...song needs a good solo though however what you have for now works well enough.

Great sounding recording.

So what if you had basically two bass tracks (the same source--but treated differently)? So when the guitars break, and it's just drums & bass, the bass can rip my face off--then when the guitars come back in, the bass "reverts" to the other sound, and let's the guitars do the ripping.
Just thinking out loud...

Aha Good tip, I'll use some automation on the verses for the bass guitar. I will turn it up in the verses anyway.

I love that thick sound you're getting. I like the bright bass to and I'm normally a thick bass kind of guy. The git carries the rhythm and the drummer can read a paper or something.:D

Thanks , 4 guitar takes help fatten things up :P

You guys got it goin' on... sounds like some Iron Maiden. Seriously... this sounds like the real deal... pro recording and playing.
My two suggestions..
#1, Edit the drum tracks so that when the break happens, the cymbals dissappear COMPLETELY. The cymbal rings on in the background, and it sounds bad.
#2, get some vocals on this song and let us hear it!!

Peace!

~Shawn

Thanks and VERY GOOD tip on the cymbals !!! I'll try it out

Sounds awesome...just wondering what your using for distortion...is it a metal muff perhaps...just wondering...song needs a good solo though however what you have for now works well enough.

Great sounding recording.

Using Marshall Vintage Modern and Mesa Boogie Dual rectifier with Gibson LP and Fender strat (all combinations) plus a Ibanez TS9 in front of it to tighten things up !!

I hate all pedals except for the TS9 ;)

Pretty good stuff Blor....the guitar sound is sort of "classic" IMO. Really good. It cuts through the mix without overpowering it and seems to retain clarity with the distortion. The compression is working but not adversely affecting the tone. I love the ring of the cymbals when you guys stop and start :cool:. Playing is great by all.....

Cool, really cool..... :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Back