TMHill

Hey guys,

I just bought:

Waveterminal 192X
Proteus 2500 + orchestral 1 + orchestral 2 + Beat Garden roms
FATAR 880 keyboard
Midex 3
AKG K270S headphones

for a lot of money (penalty for living in England)

This will go with my:
PIII (850) 256mb Ram 98SE PC running
-Cubase
-Sibelius
-Soundforge (+ a zillion fx addins)
-Wavelab
-Hundreds of other 'mini' apps
SB Live!
Shure mics

+ the piece de resistance.... a Yamaha PSR 140 keyboard.

Am I in for some fun? Or have I just blown my wad on a heap of junk!!!!

(and before anyone points it out, that RAM number will be going up to 512 any time I can get some cash together again. Feeling quite broke at the moment...)

Thanks in advance for your comments / opinions

Tom

Very good young man!

If we haven't seen you on Top of the Pops by Febraury of next year we will be coming round to your house to confiscate it all!

:eek:

Enjoy.

foo

Thanks for your replies - it all arrived this morning. I can't wait to get home to fire it up!

See you (maybe not on TOTP, though...)

Tom

The only change that I would suggest to your setup is upgrading your sound card, unless of course you will only be doing sequencing with it. The SB Live! cannot record 24-bit and the A/D D/A converters are not of very high quality. You will also experience latency when using softsynths, probably in the range of 120 ms, though at this point it looks like you are mostly relying on hardware for actual sounds.

Of course the recordings with the SB won't sound terrible, its just that you can get much better performance for only a bit more money.

Hi Rolando - the WaveTerminal 192x is my new sound card (I keep the SB Live because its 'easy' and since I program games too, its a more typical card to work with.

Subtractor - I paid WAAAAAY too much. I haggled for the entire bundle, so its hard to identify an individual price, but I guess the price worked out to about £1050. Thats the cost you pay for living in England, and being 2 days too late for the deal that Digital Village had on at the time. (2500 + 1 rom for £450)

I got so bored of complaining about how expensive stuff here was that I just shoved it all on credit and shut my mouth. I'd rather have the kit and lose the cash than grow into a bitter old man who never did anything...!

If anyone knows of a better deal I could have got, please don't tell me!!!!!

Cheers
Tom

Primarily I write for video games & films - but the tapestries range from vast orchestral works to 80's disco (for example).

I don't do 'soul'.

Back