New DP-24

RPK

Almost ready to pull the trigger on a Tascam DP-24. I am essentially graduating from an 8-track mini-disk recorder. Believe it or not I actually made a fair amount of $$ recording a couple of cd's for a singer songwriter friend.

My friend set me up with Adobe Audition 3. I bought a Motu Audio Express I use a Dell Laptop that was spec'ed out for this purpose. I can sort of make it work but I spend way to much time fooling around with software and other issues. And usually end up with unusable tracks or songs.

I am hoping the DP-24 will be as easy to operate as the old mini-disk recorder??? I am a better musician than I am a sound engineer and simple is always better for me.

Any thoughts or advise would be much appreciated.

Well to be honest I own a DP24 and a PC DAW and I like them both. As for graduating from the mini-disc.........you should have no issues at all moving to the DP-24. Keep your laptop DAW as you may find it useful in combination with the Tascam.............somewhere down the road. I won't go into too much detail but I often move files to and from the DAW and DP-24.........for various reasons............and for me it works. Have fun and good luck with it!!!

Back