New DP-008EX can't import WAV file.

cwhowell2

I picked up a new DP-008EX today as a portable extension for my DP-24. I mastered it pretty quickly because the menus and functions are nearly identical to the 24. But can't for the life of me, get the WAV Import function to work. The 008 has a WAVE folder on the SD card, but when I create a song and select the Import function, I get an error that no file exists. I have followed the requirements including 8 character file name. Also tried upper and lower case as well as using the EXACT same file name as the project. Anybody else have a DP-008EX and tried this function? Thanks - Bill

I picked up a new DP-008EX today as a portable extension for my DP-24. I mastered it pretty quickly because the menus and functions are nearly identical to the 24. But can't for the life of me, get the WAV Import function to work. The 008 has a WAVE folder on the SD card, but when I create a song and select the Import function, I get an error that no file exists. I have followed the requirements including 8 character file name. Also tried upper and lower case as well as using the EXACT same file name as the project. Anybody else have a DP-008EX and tried this function? Thanks - Bill

Check to make sure your bit rate is compatible with the machine. Also, there is a file size limit on FAT, I don't think this is your problem, but just checking. Also, check to see if you formatted the SD card with FAT32. If in doubt, format it with the new machine.

That is all I can think of.

Check to make sure your bit rate is compatible with the machine. Also, there is a file size limit on FAT, I don't think this is your problem, but just checking. Also, check to see if you formatted the SD card with FAT32. If in doubt, format it with the new machine.

That is all I can think of.

Thanks - I'm using the SD card that came with the unit. It was already formatted. My only unknown is the WAV file specifics. It started out as an MP3 that I converted to Microsoft WAV format with CoolEdit2000. There were other WAV formats available so I should probably try them. I was also able to use a clumsy work-around. I patched the computer headphone jack to the DP-008EX inputs and simply re-recorded it. I am trying to create a sample track of a song so that I can trace (play along with) in order to control timing and to reduce the effort to learn the song. The original sample gets deleted before final mixdown.

Problem solved. The file I was trying to import was formatted as "Microsoft ADPCM (wav)". Apparently Tascam does not recognize this format. After saving it as "Windows PCM", the file imported successfully. I will definitely save this in my "Things to Know" file.

Back