New Demo

The drums and especially the hi-hat is really awful..... very fake-beatbox sounding. On top of it, the hats are WAAAAY too loud in the mix. Guitars sound fairly decent - more depth to them would be nice.

Imaging is kind of strange - wanders and weaves a bit here and there.....

Not a bad effort, but you've got to balance the track levels better, and tighten up the imaging and track ambience.

Yeah the song isn't mixed very much at all....I'm going to re-record the drums live, I just used a drum machine to keep the timing.

Cool song man, but as soon as I heard that High Hat, I thought it was going to be a rap song and that just ruined the whole mood of the song right from the beginning. i would go with just the guitar from the start. Definetly loose the high hat in the beginnig. Pretty cool though.

Stockton

the guitars need to be taking up more of the image IMO.
Especially in the low end region. They sounded thin and wimpy.

This song makes me like Rock which in MOST cases I can't stand... Good Job!

The drums are LOW with the exception of the hi hat which is too HIGH.
I read that you will be brining in a live drummer which might clear it all up. I think the guitars sound great though IMO but its really not my genre of music so i can't really couldn't tell you. Maybe it sounds good to me cause it sounds like a rap song with rock lyrics :P

Not to be redundant but yeah, hi-hat is too high.

Also, the chorus and solo need thickening up guitar wise. Really make those chords kick nice and loud. Right now the vocals are over powering the guitar.

Great song. Catchy as hell.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll redo the drums (live). and I'll also fatten the sound of the guitars and bring up the volume a bit

Back